The Malevolent Man

[[Swearing in this chappie]]

Now, in Harriet's life she has met so many vile people, and so a man with shiny, shiny eyes was not such a suspicious character compared to Vernon and the stoners she found lurking around corners. He was definitely not of good morals based on his appearance alone. A grubby, greasily clothed man with an unwashed bird's nest of hair and dirty skin.

He noticed Harriet gathering things from the sidewalks and started walking over like a predator following it's prey

He noticed Harriet gathering things from the sidewalks and started walking over like a predator following it's prey. The dirty man got close enough to make a conversation, but in a most unsettling way; yellow eyes staring firmly at deep forest green ones. Never breaking eye contact, even to blink. He looked like a deranged crackhead.

The strange man finally croaked out; "Hey little girl, wanna come with me? I have a house and candy.....heheheh!" {Well shit.. Not again!} she thought. "What's your name, sir?" she asked like she didn't know what he was trying to do. "Arnson.....Olaf." She was taken aback a bit at this. "...Olaf you say sir?" "Yep! The one and only child of Esme Squalor and Count Olaf!!!" Harriet decided she wouldn't play the 'dumb child' card any longer. "Your parents had a...reputation, to put it lightly..." His smile grew more and more strained y the minute. 

"What's your name, girl?" She hesitated. "....Mary." He raised his one eyebrow. "Surname??" "Haven't got one. My parents are dead and I am no longer part of the family once they are corpses due to old family tradition. One must not use their birth surname one all living family has been buried. It's disrespectful to their memory to carry on a line where I am the only one left in it." She was a smooth liar, but of course for noble reasons. The eyebrow went down, signaling no suspicion left with him. "Did your parents leave you behind anything??" Olaf said a little too excitedly.  "Well, yeah, my family was pretty rich..." She then realized what she had just let slip. His eyes glinted triumphantly, and he grabbed her forearm. "Wanna see my car, Mary? It's niiice..." Olaf started to pull her and Harriet went into panic mode. "GET OFF!" she said loudly. When he didn't let go, she yelled "GET THE HELL OF ME YOU FUCKING GREASE RAT!!!" Harriet aimed a swift kick at his junk, leaving him on the ground and she ran.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

{  }< Harriet/Mary's thoughts

( )< Author notes

[[ ]]<  Please read