Chapter 11: Softness of a Seraph

"Kokabiel's dead?"

"Yes, sir. The report says that he went through with his plot to assassinate the two devil heiresses in Kuoh, but was stopped by a coalition of devils and angels."

"I know all that. Why do you think I didn't have Vali step in? I just didn't realize they actually killed him. Can't really blame them, I suppose, but I thought they'd be too afraid to kill someone that's ranked that high." The man sighed, running a hand through his dark brown hair that ended with a golden-blonde fringe. "Nothing to be done about it now. Is that everything?"

"No, sir. Apparently, the frontrunner in all of this has made great strides towards peace between the devils and the angels."

"Really? Interesting."

"Yes, sir. Should we be concerned?"

"About what?"

"The possibility of an alliance being formed against us."

"If they're trying to make peace between the devils and angels, which are as polar opposites as you can get, I seriously doubt they would be doing so for another war. I'd say we help them out. Keep an eye and an ear open. If things seem to be going well, I'd say there really is a chance to have true peace between the factions."

"A formal declaration of peace?"

"Exactly. We've been stuck on an armistice for too long. Times have changed and it's about time we all move on with our lives, don't you think? After all, I have all these gears to research! And, I believe that there's a brand new one out there just waiting to be researched!"

"Of course, sir."

"But first," he paused. "I have...ahem...important business to attend to."

"Sir, a brothel does not count as important business..."

"IT'S NOT A BROTHEL!" The man straightened his outfit slightly. "I prefer the term, 'gathering site for people in the service industry of companionship.'"

"...You are vile, sir..."

"Dismissed!"

"Yes, sir."

{Line Break}

Issei began to stir, his eyes squinting against the bright light as his consciousness returned. The first thing he noticed was how utterly sore he was. Every bone, muscle, and fiber in his entire body felt like it was being body-slammed by an orc-based Yokai.

The second thing he noticed was how comfortable he was. Never before had he been lying on something that felt so completely perfect. It was like he could spend the rest of eternity here...never moving or doing anything at all...

"So, you're finally awake," Yahweh hummed, as Issei continued to struggle to open his eyes. "About time."

"...Yahweh...?" Issei grumbled out, stretching slightly as he managed to fully awaken himself.

"Issei!" another, more feminine voice called out. The body from which the voice came from threw itself around Issei.

"Ow~," Issei groaned.

"I'M SO SORRY! I FORGOT!" she apologized, quickly backing off.

"No...it's...it's fine," Issei yawned, taking her outstretched hand to sit up. "Gabriel, where are we?"

"Your room, silly," she smiled. "Well, your new one."

"My room?" he asked.

"Yep! You have three members of your Brave Saints deck, so, while you were unconscious, Michael finished construction on the building."