Chapter One "The Murder of Count David Russell" and "Meeting Lord Moriarty"

"We have arrived, my lady," said Mr Reardon as the carriage stopped in front of a large mansion owned by Lord David Russell. He is the Count who invited me to a banquet at his estate, the one whom I met in the City of Bath during my visit with my friend, Lady Rachel Harrington. We encountered each other inside an art gallery where a famous painter's artworks are displayed.

We have met each other though we barely know things about one another I could describe Lord Russell with the use of two words; greedy and narcissistic. It may curious you why I would describe the man with such words that has quite a meaning but I'd rather be honest with myself and therefore I should call him such. Though, this may sound rude and all but not only he is greedy and narcissistic but he makes me and my friend, Lady Rachel, extremely uncomfortable and the atmosphere he created is certainly... quite disturbing.

Mr Reardon offered his hand as I grabbed it before stepping out of the carriage. I could hear the faint music playing as I let go of Mr Reardon's hand. "It looks like the banquet has started," said I as Mr Reardon replied with a nod. The orchestra played a wonderful tune, and we could hear the laughter before I felt the cold air hit my face as the stars illuminated the night sky. The sound of the owls hooting from a distant forest made a shiver send down my spine.

I turned to face Mr Reardon. "Do come back before midnight. Expect me to be seen here standing with a terrible expression on my face," I laughed before Mr Reardon smiled. Seeing him smile meant that he always listened to my useless stories and how I would frequently imitate the characters' characteristics and how they spoke and such. Mr Reardon replied, "Of course, my lady. I'll be back by eleven, and of course, expecting a terrible expression on your face. Shall I prepare tea once we arrived at the manor?" The two of us shared a laugh before I figured I should be heading inside since Lord Russell might be looking for Lady Rachel's companion.

He certainly had an eye for Lady Rachel since I could already just by the way his "jaw dropped when his eye caught her figure" the day we first encountered him. And yes, I indeed tried to use a creative way of describing the point of view but it seems I failed. Aside from all that, Lady Rachel soon told me that she never liked the aura Lord Russell gave. And I too agreed. His unusual demeanour... and how he would usually place his hand and try to touch my friend in certain areas made my blood boil and how I would look at Lady Rachel's uncomfortable expression was enough to allow me to have the reason to be able to kill that man.

But some say to never use violence as an answer though I say that violence is a choice. And I am gladly choosing that choice since it was, and will always be my first choice ever since I laid my eyes on Lord David Russell. And of course, reminiscing through the memories isn't the action I am to do but to get inside and quickly find Lady Rachel who is dying to get Lord Russell's attention off of her.

I walked at the stoned walkway, I could feel Mr Reardon's gaze on my figure as I continued to walk. Before entering the mansion, I saw two housemaids wearing the same uniform as they bowed and greeted me. The doors soon opened and I've seen chandeliers at the top of the ceiling, making the building light up in the night. While the walls were covered with a light shade of paint, picture frames hung. This Count has said that he'll feature all his riches and treasures to his guests. Annoyance and pain were the things I felt as I continued to roam inside finding the ballroom.

A few moments later, the sound grew louder as I walked to the ballroom of the mansion. I wouldn't lie, the architectural design looks lovely and I caught myself admiring its structure. I would gladly like to meet his designer but I have thought about their personality. I had a feeling theirs would be similar to Lord Russell so I would like to keep my designer till I grow older. Who knows...

"Lady Margaret! Oh, Lady Margaret, you've come," she came running towards me, her brown locks falling in front of her pretty face as she welcomed me with a hug. Tight as if I was hugged by my grandmother back from Paris, France who loved to pinch my cheeks since I was a newborn baby. "Lady Rachel! Yes, I have arrived. Did he do anything with you, my lady? Oh, I know I should never speak ill of another being but he must be made as an exception," I whispered before Lady Rachel giggled as she finally lets go of me.