(27) EPILOGUE

ALEXIA

Three weeks after Leah's death

I hadn't slept in weeks. 

My mother died from a heart attack one week ago, and I was feeling nauseous knowing that my father had to go to a home for the elderly. I found a cozy one here, downtown London, and before my mother's burial, like, one hour ago, Shelina and I went to pick him up. I had no tears left inside my body - first Leah, then my mother... it was all too much to take in, for anyone it would've been too much. 

During the funeral, I held Shelina's hand at all times. Ingrid hadn't showed up yet - she hasn't been since Leah had died, and I think she swore to herself to never lay foot at a burial after Leah's, because it all hurt too much - and I did not really know if I was mad or understood her way of grieving. Thankfully, Shelina had been my rocks those past very difficult weeks - the most difficult I've ever had.

In the middle of the ceremony, however, the church's gates opened, and a freezing air made way inside the walls. Everybody turned around, and although it was supposed to be a burial, many will remember this day as a resurrection. 

I get up first, my knees almost abandoning me, as I whisper:

"... Mapi?"

The blonde with the neck tattoos responds:

"I wouldn't miss my own mother's funeral, would I...?"

***

The next morning, however, the newspaper weren't talking about what happened at Alexia's mother's funeral: the headlines would read as followed:

THE TIMES' STAR JOURNALIST INGRID ENGEN ABDUCTED, THE POLICE HAS NO LEADS.

And so the next chapter begun...

***

BOOK II

AVALIABLE 

ON 

MY

PROFILE

new povs

new twists

new romances

same drama & characters

and the truth closer to being uncovered...

get on board!!!

(and thank you for reading this story <3)