Chapter 18 - The Enemies

Back in the Avengers compound, Bucky accompanied Sam in interrogating the Flag Smashers members that were caught. They had succeeded in capturing 10 people, 2 of which were not members of the Flag Smashers but locals in Cologne that were hired as security guards. So they were extradited back to Germany. The other 8 men were clearly members. They were all big, burly and had super soldier strength. As for the others, 3 were killed by Bucky, and approximately 7 people got away.

At first SHIELD agents were tasked to interrogate the caught members, but they were not talking. And clearly the agents were intimidated by the members, knowing they could kill them easily. They were strapped to a restrictive chair, their hands and legs locked down to the chair, but somehow they still caused the agents to fear them. After a couple of hours, Bucky and Sam were called to help.

They were in a closed interrogation room. One member of the Flag Smashers were strapped to a chair. Sam and Bucky stood in front of him, trying to make him talk.

"Tell me, who's your leader?" Sam asked directly. The man just stared at him defiantly, refusing to talk.

Bucky flexed his metal arm and grabbed a nearby chair. He squeezed the back of the chair and it was destroyed by the power of his metal arm. The man's eyes widened.

"Du weißt, ich könnte dich leicht töten"

("You know I could kill you easily.")

Bucky said in German.

The man stayed silent though his eyes emitted fear.

"Do you know who this is?" Sam asked. The man stayed silent.

"He's the Winter Soldier..you've heard of him right? Winter Soldat." Sam said, emphasized it in German.

"I didn't know you speak German." Bucky said, breaking out of his menacing character.

"Well I know a little." Sam said shrugging. The man relaxed a little but Bucky noticed and he quickly put his menacing stare at the man again, flexing his arm, and he picked up the broken chair and smashed it to the ground, breaking it to pieces. The man winced.

"Wenn du nicht anfängst zu reden, zögere ich nicht, dir das um den Hals zu legen."

("If you don't start talking I will not hesitate to put this around your neck.")

Bucky threatened, referring to his metal arm.

Beads of sweat started to form on the man's forehead.

"Ich habe drei deiner Freunde getötet. Ich werde nicht zögern, noch mehr zu töten."

("I've killed three of your friends. I will not hesitate to kill more.")

Bucky continued coolly.

The man visibly started to look shaken. He obviously didn't know his friends were killed.

Just then the door to the interrogation room was knocked, and Sharon walked in.

"Any progress?" She asked.

"He was just about to break." Bucky said.

"I can take it from here. You guys go on ahead. I heard Rhodey said Carol is on the line. You guys might wanna go check in with her." She said.

"You sure you can deal with this alone? We don't mind staying a bit longer." Sam said.

"Yeah, don't worry about me. I've spent some time back in Madripoor dealing with the likes of him. And as you can see, I survived." Sharon said matter of factly.