Chapter 29 - Rescue Mission

It took about an hour to reach the warehouse at Port of NY-NJ. Sam drove in first to the parking lot of the warehouse with Bucky following closely behind. The parking lot was empty, but then they saw two men wearing all black and black ski masks standing in front of the large entrance to the warehouse. The door of the warehouse was opened automatically and the two men beckoned Bucky and Sam to drive inside.

The warehouse was big, big enough to park several buses inside. It was empty save for two vans parked across from the entrance. Bucky noticed one of the vans was the one where the Flag Smashers took Adriana in. The vans were parked next to each other. Sam and Bucky parked their vans in front of the two vans next to each other.

"Should we get out now?" Bucky asked Sam through his ear piece.

"Wait." Sam answered.

The door of one of the Flag Smashers' vans opened. A large caucasian man who seemed to be in his 40s got out of the van. He had short grey hair and beard. His body was well built. Two other men got out of the van. Both equally big and burly. But they had ski masks on so Bucky didn't know what they looked like. They flanked the first man and walked towards Sam and Bucky's vans.

"Let's go." Sam said to Bucky.

Sam and Bucky got out of their vans and walked to the man and his entourage. They stopped in the center of the area between both vans and stood across from each other.

"Welcome Sam, Bucky. Looks like you two heeded my request." The man said with a thick Russian accent, referring to his request of coming alone.

"Where are they?" Bucky asked him directly.

"Not to worry Bucky, they're safe. What about my people? Where are they?" The man asked.

"Safe behind us." Bucky answered.

"We've heeded your request, now let our girlfriends go." Sam demanded.

"Not so fast. First, release our men then we will release your girlfriends." The man said.

"No, you release our girlfriends first." Sam argued.

"Tsk..tsk.. what makes you think you can order me around? You don't have leverage. WE have all the leverage here." The man said, getting a little annoyed.

"Are you sure about that?" Bucky challenged him.

"We've put a chemical bomb in these vans." Bucky said, pointing to the vans behind them.

"If you don't release our girlfriends first, we will detonate it and it will release poisonous gas inside the van which will kill your men in 30 seconds." Bucky said coldly. He picked a small device from his pocket. It was a detonator.

The man looked surprised and visibly upset, but then he smoothed his features and said.
"How do I know you're not just bluffing."

"You don't. You could risk it if you don't release our girlfriends now!" Bucky threatened. He put his hand up and put his thumb on the trigger of the detonator.

"Look who's the villain now." the man said, giving Bucky and Sam a devilish smile.

"Don't play that game with us. It's not gonna work." Bucky responded.

"What game?" The man asked, feigning innocence.

"The whole psychological mind games. You were the ones who blew up a building and killed innocent people. You were the ones who kidnapped our girlfriends. You were the ones who robbed food and medicine from the GRC meant for refugees. You are the villains here."
Bucky said, feeling annoyed.

"Yes, we did all that. But don't you know we also gave those robbed food and medicine to those who actually needed them? Those food and medicine had been sitting around in the GRC warehouse for months while some of us were starving and dying! You think we are the villains? No.. we're heroes! We gave power back to those who didn't have it. The people!" The man argued back passionately, leaving Bucky and Sam speechless.