Chapter 1

It was an ordinary day at the pharmacy for Bellflower. Ginseng was off on a short vacation and she was about to lock the doors for the night. Today was a bit less busy then most days, but she didn't mind: it just meant more healthy and happy cookies to her. She grabbed the keys and turned out the lights , until she suddenly got a phone call. She flinched and checked her phone: an unknown number from Yogurca. She chocked it up to a scam caller and ignored it, walking home after locking the doors. About 5 minutes later, she got yet another call from the same number. She figured at this point it was important and answered the phone. "Hello?" the caller said.
"Good evening! This is Bellflower Cookie- do you have the wrong number?"
"No- you're just who I'm looking for. Yogurt Cream Cookie."
She immediately recognized that name and got caught off guard. Why was a prince looking for her? "I'm hosting a charity desert tour and our doctor dropped out, a close friend recommended you, are you available for around a week?"
Bellflower was never a fan of the heat: but it was the middle of Winter, and it would sure to be colder. Plus, Ginseng would be back tomorrow, and she hasn't made much time for herself recently..
"Oh I'd love to come! Is there any entrance fee, or?"
"No, considering your technically there for work- in case anything goes sour."
She was ecstatic. She got to go on a caravan with royalty, for free?! "Oh perfect! I'll book a train ride there right now- what should I bring?"
She said, clearly excited.
"Just a med kit, any personal belongings, and I'd recommend getting the biggest canteen you can find."
That didn't sound too hard to get, she can stop by the supermarket on her way home.
"That'll work! I'll see you tomorrow, I suppose?"
"Yes, see you then."
Yogurt Cream hung up the phone and Bellflower smiled. It'll be like a free desert vacation! She walked to the supermarket and grabbed what she needed: just a large water bottle and some, maybe too many snacks. She paid for her supplies and headed home, where she packed her bags, bought the train ticket and passed out immediately after entering her bed. "Tomorrow's a big day!" she thought, "Gotta get a good nights rest!". She woke up to her alarm, an hour before her train ride. She grabbed her back and got dressed into less warm clothes and rushed to the train station. On her way there, she texted Ginseng about the whole situation. She didn't bother earlier, as she was positive that he would be glad she was getting outside instead of staying cooped up at work. She boarded the train and sat down, excited for her trip across the desert. The train started, but she couldn't help but feel as if someone.. uninvited, was here.