Awakening

(Just a quick FYI. Yes, I am completely aware that, in the movie, Bruno and his sisters are 50. But using a little creative freedom I would like, YOU the reader, to scale his age back to whatever is comfortable for you. Then the character of the reader can be around that same age. But it would be preferred that Bruno stays above 40, as then it would still make sense that Julieta and Pepa had their respective eldest children 21 years prior. With that in mind, here's the next chapter)

Reader's POV
My eyes fluttered open as I woke up to the smell of something delicious cooking. I sleepily rubbed my eyes and groaned before realizing that I was not lying in the middle of the rainforest, where I lost consciousness, but instead I was laying on a soft bed that was situated inside a massive room that appeared to be a kitchen. I blinked my eyes rapidly, believing that this was some delusion or dream. But that belief couldn't be further from the truth. As I tried to figure out how I ended up here, a door opened and a woman who looked to be around my age appeared from it. Her hair was gathered into a messy bun and her teal dress had many pockets with cooking utensils inside them. Upon seeing that I was awake and alert, her face morphed into a smile that somehow made me feel relaxed and safe.

"Oh, you're awake! What a relief! I wasn't entirely sure that you would make a full recovery, since your injuries were the most severe I've ever healed!" She happily exclaimed as she poured a cup of water and held it out to me. I eyed it suspiciously for a second before taking it and drinking it all. Then, her words sunk in and my eyes slightly widened,

"Wait, are you saying that the reason I no longer feel any pain is because of you?"

She smiled kindly again before answering,
"See for yourself."

I removed the blanket off myself to find that I now wore a very soft, long, and lovely nightgown, instead of my tattered clothes I was wearing before. Tearing my eyes away from the flowing fabric, I looked at my limbs to find that my arm had been mended and the wounds on my legs had vanished without even a scar remaining.

"Wow, that's amazing! Muchas gracias,....."

"I'm sorry, where are my manners? My name is Julieta. My brother found you in the rainforest last night and brought you here. I was able to cook up some soup and feed a spoonful to you while you were passed out. Now if you'll excuse me for just a moment, I will fetch the rest of our family. They all have been looking forward to properly meeting you, especially my hermano."

As she left the room, I thought to myself "If she's telling the truth and she healed me in just one night, then there's no doubt about it. I have found others who are like me. What their intentions are remains to be seen, but I suppose I should actually meet the rest of them before I form an opinion. But I can't stay here for long, wherever here may be. If I stay, those hunters will eventually find me. If they find me and succeed in capturing me, then I'll never be free again. I've got to keep running, no matter what."