4. Future Plans

Chapter 4

Future Plans

꒦︶꒷‧₊★₊‧꒷︶꒷‧₊ଓ₊‧꒷︶꒷‧₊★₊‧꒷︶꒦

· · ୨୧ · ·

I was walking down a path while holding my dad's hand.

The humid wind brushed my cheeks and ruffled my hair. The fragrance of plum blossoms and seeds of unknown flowers blew like snow.

Out of habit, I asked,

"Dad, where are we going?"

My dad turned to me at the sound of my voice. But the dazzling sunlight concealed his face, so I couldn't see my father. While frowning hard, trying to see my father's face, I slowly realized.

Oh, it's that dream again.

When I saw my father in my dreams as a child, I didn't realize it was a dream, but now I know. The reason I can't see Dad's face isn't because of the sunlight, it's because I forgot his face.

"Rose."

Dad put his hand under my arms and lifted me up. He looked at me quietly.

I hesitated, not knowing what to do with his gaze on my face.

Even my father, back when he was alive, would sometimes look at me sullenly. Right at the traces of my mother on my features.

When I was young, people used to whisper among themselves that I looked just like my mother. With my golden eye being just like my mom's.

My dad was the only one that told me my eyes were pretty.

"We're going to ride a boat."

'This sudden?'

I tried to ask back. However I couldn't say anything, but as if he heard my question, my dad said, "Yeah, because you said you wanted to ride one."

Looking at my dad's side, smiling lightly, I quietly lowered my eyes.

We won't take the boat.

When my dad heard that it could be dangerous because the river was turbulent, he said, "Let's go next time."

There was no next time.

This was my dad's last outing.

While coming back, my Dad got an accident to buy a candy for me. From that day on, His condition continued to deteriorate. Dad was reluctant to show me how sick he was, and I was afraid to see him getting worse day by day and my Mom's blame in her eyes for me.. Then, in the end, I had to let my father go without even saying goodbye.

We loved each other, but we couldn't get close until the last minute. So, even in a dream, I wanted to convey it. Something I couldn't say in my lifetime.

"I love you, Dad."

I whispered as I grabbed the hem of my dad's shirt. Dad smiled sweetly. The moment I stretched out my hand towards my father's face, he became a light and scattered in the air.

As always.

-ˏˋ ━━━━━ ʚ🌸ɞ ━━━━━ ˊˎ-

"Miss. Miss. It is time for you to wake up."

Someone was shaking her. She felt tears in her eyes. What did she even dreamt of? She dazed for a moment, then, as if waking up from anesthesia, she opened her eyes.