Chapter Nine: Everything Has Changed

The next few days were awkward to say the least. Niall avoided Harry, and Harry avoided Niall. Neither of the two could stop thinking about what had happened the previous day. Harry was appalled at his actions, taking advantage of Niall in the way that he did. Niall on the other hand was still awe struck every time he thought of what happened between the two. The sparks were so strong between them that he was both disappointed and shocked that Harry hadn't felt them.

    Harry hadn't spent much time in the flat at all since the incident, trying to avoid Niall as much as he could. He had been spending more time with Liam, the fact that he had a boyfriend only made Harry want the older boy more.

    Louis is currently over at Niall and Harry's flat. Niall and him are settled comfortably on the couch, each with a beer in their hand. The game is playing loudly and the two are yelling at the TV as if the players could actually hear them. The door opens and in walks Harry and Liam.

    "Could it be any louder you two? We could hear you from all the way down the block," Harry tells the two boys who are entranced by the game as he sets some bags of take out on the table.

    "Move," Niall and Louis yell at Harry. The taller lad makes a better door than a window.

    "Jeeze," Harry mutters, "Not even a thank you for the food."

    Liam laughs and sits next to Harry, who was pushed onto the other sofa by Louis.

    Niall and Louis go berserk. Their team just scored their second goal of the game and are now tied with the other team. The two chest bump and hug. They settle down finally when the game goes to commercial.

    "Who's this?" Niall asks, finally noticing Harry's friend.

    Harry perks up immediately, "Oh! This is Liam!"

    So this is Liam, Niall thinks. He swallows hard and turns to Louis with wide eyes.

    "Hey mate," Louis forces a smile, knowing the awkward position Niall is now in.

    "This is Niall," Harry introduces, confused as to why Niall hadn't introduced himself yet.

    "Oh right, that's me," Niall tries to smile but can't quite make himself do so.

    "Nice to meet you mate," Liam replies.

    The living room settles into an uncomfortable silence as the game comes back on. Niall doesn't feel as excited to be watching the game anymore.

    "How about we eat?" Louis suggests, breaking the silence.

    Niall smiles over at his friend, "Yes please!"

    They all chuckle at Niall's enthusiasm. The tension soon disappears as the boys all become hypnotized by the game.

    Niall tries to ignore the other two constantly flirting, but he can't help but feel angry as they feed each other bites of food. Didn't this Liam prick have a boyfriend?

    In the end, Niall and Louis' favored team won, but Niall didn't care much at all. He was angry with Harry.

    "Come on Ni," Louis calls carefully, a plan to get Niall away for a bit.

    The two lovebirds on the couch finally seem to notice the other two boys getting ready to leave.

    "Where are you going?" Harry calls over to them.