Epilogue: Gimme All Your Love

And that was when he knew what love was.

When even though his heart had been stepped on so many times that Niall had thought that it would never be fixed, it was.

When he needed to cry, he wasn't alone anymore. Harry was always be there to wipe Niall's tears and hold him when he's sad.

When the drunken nights no longer ended in hookups with strangers, or even his best friend, now they only ended with his lover.

When the days seemed brighter and the nights seemed longer, when the two would wake up and stare lovingly at each other and they would hold each other until their breathing became even at night.

When he knew that he would never want to spend the rest of his life with anyone other than Harry Styles, he knew he was in love.

But he had known it all along, it was Harry who took a while to convince.

But that was okay.

Because they are together now and that's all that matters.

***

"Harry," Niall yells before jumping on the taller boys back.

Harry lets out an, "Oof," as Niall knocks the breath out of him but he catches the boy and laughs nonetheless. He continues to walk, carrying Niall on his back as he talks excitedly about what they should do today.

"Niall, calm down," Harry chuckles, "We'll get to everything that you want to do."

"I know," Niall grins bigger before squeezing Harry tightly, "This is the best couples retreat that I've ever been on."

"Ni, this is the only couples retreat that you've ever been on."

"Shut up H."

"Niall! Harry! Over here," Louis calls from down the boardwalk where he's looking into the ocean with Liam and Zayn by his side, "There's dolphins!"

"Dolphins," Niall squeals, "Come on Harry, hurry up!"

"You know, I would be faster if I weren't carrying you," Harry comments.

"You're my own personal horse," Niall says happily.

"I'm sure you'll be riding me like a wild one tonight eh?" Harry smirks.

"Harry," Niall gasps, hiding his red face in Harry's neck who just laughs.

"Nothing you haven't done before babe," Harry replies.

Niall groans and buries his face even deeper in Harry's neck.

"Okay Ni, look," Harry tells him, having reached the railing where their friends were.

Niall ignores him and keeps his head where it is."Awe, baby. Don't hide from me," Harry coos. He lets Niall down from his back and he tilts the blond's head up so their eyes meet.

"I love you," Harry tells him.

"I love you too," Niall says before standing on his tip toes to kiss his boyfriend.

Niall pulls away when he hears the dolphins making noise in the water below them, "Dolphins!"

***

"I'm so fucking nervous," Harry admits to Louis who is tying his tie for him.

"Don't be. You look great and it's Niall for God's sakes. You know what he's gonna say," Louis pats his shoulder.

"You're right," Harry sighs, "I can do this."

***

The night is coming to an end and Niall couldn't be happier. Harry had taken him to the fanciest restaurant on the island and now they walk hand in hand down the beach. The sand is soft between his toes and the cool water feels amazing as it rushes over their feet as they walk.

There's hardly anyone on this area of the beach, mostly because of the chilly breeze and the sky is turning darker and darker with each passing minute.

Harry stops and he turns Niall to face him.

"I've been wanting to do this for awhile now, but I couldn't think of a better place to do it than here," Harry says.

"What?" Niall asks, but he soon realizes what's happening when Harry gets down on one knee. Niall covers his mouth with one hand and Harry holds the other.

"Niall Horan. We have known each other for the longest time. And to think, I've wasted so much time thinking that we were just friends, even when we clearly weren't. We have been through everything together and that's how I want it to be forever. I want to experience the world together, and the rest of our lives. I'm pretty sure that I was in love with you even when I didn't know it, but I know it now and that's all that matters. I'm really no good at speeches, so I'll just cut to the chase now. Will you marry me?"

Tears fall from Niall's eyes and he's crying so hard that he can't answer Harry. He nods his head vigorously and Harry breaks out into a smile and picks Niall up, spinning him around on the beach.

It truly was worth the wait.