Chapter 2.

This chapter is a little messy y'all. Make sure to comment and vote. I need to know if y'all want me to continue with this book or not.

Jody blew smoke from his mouth as he read over all of the text messages he's sent Yvette over the past couple of weeks. The only replies he got out of her were her asking him when did he want to see JoJo, or telling him he could drop JoJo off with her mother. It was starting to irritate him because nobody would tell him where she was living. Pea, Kim, and Derrick knew where she was living but wouldn't tell him because she asked them not to.

He saw his phone screen light up hoping it was a message from Yvette telling him he could drop JoJo off at her plane instead of at her mother's house. Once again it was the same response as the ones he's been getting for the past few weeks. Was she that pissed off at him that she didn't want him to have her address? Yvette felt like she was being more than genuine by not changing her number on him and making him go through her parents' and his mother permanently.

"Nigga is you still tryna get her to give you her address?" Derrick questioned plopping down on the chair next to his while the kids played in the living room. Derrick would've got on Jody for smoking while the kids were in the house but he felt bad for what Jody was going through but felt like he deserved it. He's told Jody time and time again to stop doing Yvette the way he's been doing her but he refused to listen.

"Y'all niggas got it plus my momma and Melvin so why the fuck I can't have it?" Jody responded irritation laced all in his voice. Seeing an all-black pickup truck pull up behind his car, Jody stood up ready to fight until he recognized who it was.

"Man give her some more space." Another one of Jody's friends Tony spoke taking a long drag of his blunt. "She probably wontchu to beg and do somethin' nice for her." Derrick shook his head and got up to speak to his cousin.

"What's good y'all?" Darnell dapped everybody up except Jody and Tony. Jody could never stand Darnell because he felt like Darnell was always trying to be in competition with him when it came down to impressing women. Darnell felt like he didn't have to try as hard as Jody did because he had his own car, own apartment, and had money. Darnell never viewed Jody as completion he felt like Jody could never reach his level.

"What's good cuzzo, what beings you round' this neck of the woods?" Derrick asked passing him the blunt. Darnell took a few puffs and passed it off to Pea.

"A friend of mine lives around here and asked me to pick her up from work since her nigga took back the car he bought her." Darnell answered taking a seat on one of the porch steps right as the blunt was passed back to him.

"Damn what she do for him to take the car?" Tony asked inserting himself into their conversation. Darnell shrugged his shoulders and handed the blunt off again. Derrick put the tip of his thumbnail to his lips trying to remember what the woman's name was Darnell told him about.

When it clicked be stood up and motioned for Darnell to come with him inside the house for a quick second. If the woman who Darnell was talking about was who he thought it was, Derrick was about to be in a messy situation. Derrick hoped he was wrong and that Yvette wasn't the woman Darnell was digging. Darnell follower Derrick into the house and in the kitchen so no one especially Jody could hear what they were talking about.

"Whatchu tell the woman's name was again?" Derrick questioned.

"Yvette why?" Darnell questioned with a confessed look on his face. Derrick shook his head and pointed to a group picture of him, Jody, and Yvette that was hanging on his living room wall.