Chapter 5.

Sorry it took so long y'all but I been hella busy. Excuse any mistakes, I'm slowly editing.

Ya'Karia Jaid Summers.
March 23, 2002.
March 24, 2002.
Mother- Yvette Thompson.
Father- Joseph Summers Sr.
Brother- Joseph Summers Jr.
Gone but never forgotten.

Yvette wiped away the tears from her eyes as she sat down in front of Ya'Karia's grave. This was Yvette's third time coming here since Ya'Karia was buried. JoJo sat right next to his mother holding her hand while talking to his sister. He didn't quite understand what was going on, he just knew his sister wasn't here with them. Yvette knew he would understand it better when he got older and was only doing what she taught him to do. She wondered if Jody ever came to visit her grave or if he was ever going to visit. Sometimes Yvette felt like Jody was trying to forget about Ya'Karia because of the way he acted whenever he was reminded of her.

As Yvette thought back to the day she went into labor early, she remembered an argument she and Jody had. An argument that she wished she could go back and prevent or at least try to prevent. For the first time in two months, Yvette no longer blamed herself for Ya'Karia not being here. During the first three months of Ya'Karia's death Yvette blamed herself and that took a toll on her mental and physical health. Her being in that state of mind made her blind to a lot of things Jody did. All of the signs of Jody cheating were right in front of her but she was unable to notice it. With the help of her parents and Juanita, she was able to heal and get back to her normal self. She now believed that god knew something was going to happen between her and Jody and that's why he took Ya'Karia away.

Yvette and JoJo spent another hour at the gravesite before they picked up the blanket they were sitting on and made the journey back to the car. She made sure to look through the rearview mirror to make sure JoJo was okay. She smiled at her baby bay wishing he could stay this little forever. JoJo loved his daddy but if he had to choose who he wanted to be with, he would choose his mother. Jody was jealous of the relationship JoJo has with Yvette but has nobody to blame but himself. He chose to chase skirts and run the streets instead of being a father. Yvette hoped that one day Jody got his shit together for the sake of his kids.

"Mommy, where we going now?" JoJo asked as he looked out of the window.

"We're going to grandma Nita's house because your daddy wants to see you before we go see D." Yvette responded, pulling into Melvin and Juanita's driveway.

Yvette thought it was cute how Melvin made sure he got whatever Juanita wanted without thinking twice. JoJo unstrapped himself from his booster seat then climbed out of the car and ran up to the front door. Yvette laughed as the door swung open and JoJo was lifted off the ground by Melvin. JoJo screamed and kicked his feet loving the feeling of being high up in the air. Yvette checked her phone seeing they had two hours before it was time for her and JoJo to go to Darnell's house. She made her way into the house and went into the living room where Juanita and Melvin were playing with JoJo.

"Hey girly, what brings you and my grandson to this side of town?" Juanita quizzed. She wasn't mad at her for stopping by unannounced because she missed having her around.

"Your son asked me to meet him here 'cause he wanted to talk and see JoJo." Yvette answered and pulled out her phone to see where Jody was. She only going to wait for one hour and then she was going to leave. She still had to stop at her apartment and take another shower since she's been out all day.

"Well, I'm glad you stooped by. How've you been?"

"I'm doing better. Me and JoJo went to visit Ya'Karia today." Juanita smiled at the mention of her granddaughter's name. It broke her heart seeing Yvette suffer like that because she knew the feeling all too well. Although Juanita didn't have to bury a stillborn, she still knew what it felt like to lose a child.