Chapter Twenty-Five: Confrontation-

"It's nice to just lay in bed with you all day," I said, still tucked in at Logan's side. We hadn't moved ever since I arrived - except to grab a quick bite to eat, mainly on my behalf. Logan's appetite still wasn't great, so he shared a bit of my sandwich. I snuggled further against Logan and muttered, "It's all warm and cosy," with a sleepy yawn that followed. 

    Logan smiled down at me before shifting his eyes to our entwined fingers, that lay resting on my chest. He tucked his head against mine so that his mouth was by my ear and whispered, "Mm, just wish you never had to leave." I could still feel a slight curve to his lips as he pressed a kiss against my temple. 

    "You and me both," was my reply. 

    "You know...I could kidnap you." 

    I laughed. Catching my breath before saying, "Kidnap me?" in an amused tone. 

    "Yeah, you never know, it could be fun." I felt his shoulders attempt to shrug beneath me. I let another laugh out, this time a bit louder. 

    "You should do that some time. Kidnap me, I mean." 

    "If only," he whispered affectionately, nudging his nose against my cheek. The conversation went quiet, but it was a comfortable silence. 

    I imagined myself a few months ago, before I'd ever crossed paths with Logan, and thought that if someone had told me in a few months time I'd be laying in a guys bed, fully clothed, relaxed and feeling like I completely belonged there, I'd have probably laughed in their face...and then proceeded to punch them for suggesting I was gay. This whole situation, with Logan and Nate, was sort of, just, surreal. 

    It was then that I could hear a sort of quiet vibrating noise. I perked my head up, trying to zone in on where it was coming from. I felt Logan shift beneath me, probably trying to see what I was looking at. I heard him take in a deep breath, like he was preparing to say something emotionally challenging, but I was too busy focused on that damn vibrating noise to listen properly as he spoke. 

    "Ash," I tilted my head towards him as he said my name, letting him know I'd heard him, then refocused on my previous task. "There's something I've been wanting to tell you-"

    "Oh, shit, it's my phone!" I lunged out of bed, spotting the little device just peeking out from underneath Logan's bed. It must have fallen out of my pocket at some point. I picked it up and found a familiar number lit up on the screen. When I answered it, I didn't have time to say any kind of hello before Mitch was screaming down the line at me. 

     "Ash? You need to get back to the apartment, man. It's Ty, he's like...flippin' out, dude. 'nd I thought, he always sorta listens to you. I just, I thought maybe you could calm him down, yeah?" 

     "Why's he flipping out?" 

    "I dunno, man, one minute he was fine, next he wasn't. Just get down here, yeah?" 

    "Yeah, okay." We both hung up. I looked up at Logan from where I was crouched on the floor. "Sorry Logan, I gotta go. These guys - friends, I guess - are having a bit of a situation." I said as I was dialling the taxi firm's number into my phone. I told them to pick me up on the corner, just down from Logan's house, at my usual spot. 

    Logan's face sank heavily into disappointment. "Yeah, alright. I guess I'll see you later then," he forced a small smile onto his face. "I hope everything's okay." He pointed his finger towards my pocket, where my phone was now buried. 

    "I'm sure it's fine," I reassured, seeing the worry in his brow. He nodded gently. I smiled at him apologetically, leaning in for a quick kiss. "I'll see you later," I said before leaving, legging it down the stairs and racing down the street, to the corner. I don't know why I felt the need to rush, the taxi was late anyway. By the time I got back to the apartment, the problem was probably already over.