Chapter Sixteen: Logan's Bed-

Logan let me use the bathroom before we settled down. He gave me a spare toothbrush and ordered me to brush my teeth, as if I needed to freshen up for something. I tried not to linger on the thought, I didn't want to get a hard-on and then realise I'd had the wrong idea all along. I brushed my teeth nonetheless and then headed down the hall to Logan's room.

    Truth be told, as soon as I was in Logan's bed I started feeling nauseous due to how uncomfortable it was, laying beside him. My nerves were a mess, as were my thoughts.

    It wasn't because I'd pretty much just turned up on Logan's doorstep in the middle of the night and not only woken him up, but woken his mother too, and then taken over his bed––couldn't help it, I needed a lot of room––no, it wasn't because of that.

    It was because, while laying there on my back with Logan on his side, facing away from me, I'd wanted so badly to wrap my arm around his waist. Yeah, I wanted to spoon. As if I hadn't already had enough of that at Nate's.

    “Ash?” Logan's voice stirred up from where he had his head buried beneath his duvet. He rolled over so that he was now facing me, eyebrows scrunched together in a tired haze of confusion.

    “Yeah?” I whispered in response.

    “Were you talking to yourself or...?” now it was my turn to scrunch my eyebrows up in a haze of confusion. He went on to explain, “You said something about having enough at Nate's,” there was a pause and then, “who the hell is Nate?”

    Busted. My clever reply was, “You were probably just hearing things, you should go back to sleep,”

    “Ash,” he pressed, “if it's on your mind this late at night, then he must be someone pretty important,” I scrutinized him, not really finding a hint of jealousy in the way his voice sounded or his expression, and I began to wonder if he would even care at all that I was pretty much getting off with several different guys in one day. For some reason, the thought that he wouldn't had a frown curling my lips.

    “He's just a client,” I said, pulling the duvet further up my shoulders, but Logan's hands dragged it back down, away from my face. I secretly wanted to rant about how he was just a fuck, no one special or important, only someone who pays out a lot.

    I wanted to explain that he was nothing like Logan was, that I didn't think about him half as much as I thought aboutyou. But I couldn't because, somehow, it would have felt like I was lying to him. Or lying to myself.

    “Just a client?” I fought against the corner of my mouth, which was attempting to position itself in a lopsided grin, after finally hearing that hint of jealousy in Logan's tone.

    “Why, would there be a problem if he was something more?”

    “No, no problem, no. Just uh, I don't know, I don't really like the thought of sharing you,” he grinned, winking lazily. I let a satisfied smile creep onto my face, as the words echoed inside my mind. We spent a few moments in stilled silence before he leaned over me, diving down to match my lips with his. One of his hands slid under my shirt. I arched into his touch, even though his hands were cold, I still wanted to be as close as possible.

    The only noise was the sound of our heavy breathing, which sounded incredibly loud in the silence. I wondered if his parents would hear, but that thought was soon forgotten as he slid his leg between mine, rolling his hips down, causing his knee to rub against me in the best way.

    It was strange to think that only this morning we'd agreed to take things slow, but hell, that felt like years ago and there was no way we were stopping this time. Hearing those little moan that Logan was making, pretty much settled that.