Chapter Ten: Urges-

The front door swung open and I couldn't help but think: here we go again, as Logan gestured me inside. I nodded in thank, remembering my manners, continuing straight on through into the lounge without waiting for him.

    He appeared through the doorway only moments after me, anyway. He looked a bit awkward standing there, hands in his pockets as his gaze wandered around his own living room, like it was the first time he'd ever seen it.

    I tilted my head to the side, watching him with intrigue while chewing the inside of my cheek out of habit. “No tea?” I asked. Logan didn't seem to catch the sarcasm.

    “Oh. Would you like some? I...think we have tea,” I shook my head, laughing as I dropped my gaze to the floor, trying to hide my amusement. I heard the shuffling of feet as Logan took a few steps towards me. “What are you laughing at?” I expected his voice to be self-conscious, but it just sounded curious and a little amused.

    When I finally looked up at him, it was a bit of a shock to see how close he was. Well, he wasn't close enough that I could feel his breath on my face, but he was within arms distance at least. He nodded his head towards the sofa and we both sat down with a sigh.

    He angled himself towards me, “Seriously though, if you want a drink I can get you one?”

    “Nah. I was only messing with you,” he nodded, chewing on his bottom lip. It was irritating not knowing his reason behind renting me. I didn't understand why he'd pay me to just visit him. What did he get out of that? A boring, awkward conversation.

    I wanted to ask him again, but I knew I'd just get the same reply as last time. So I kept quiet, twiddling my thumbs between my legs and contemplating whether or not to tie him to his bed and do my job that way.

    Surprisingly, that thought sent a rush of arousal straight through me. I had to fight to keep my eyebrows from shooting off the top of my head at the new-found information. I swallowed. I could feel myself getting hot underneath the collar. I desperately tried to push the damn imagery that started this, to the back of my head.

    Jesus, I was only humouring myself, I didn't actually think that thought would have been as tempting as it was becoming.

    “You okay?” my eyes flitted over to meet Logan's as he asked the question. “You look a little uncomfortable.” Once my head started nodding, it took a while to make it stop. I felt like the fucking Churchill dog.

    “Yeah, yep, I'm fine,” I muttered, only just keeping my voice from a high pitched squeal. I was just glad I didn't blurt my provocative thoughts out loud. Shit. I needed to distract myself.

    “Okay,” Logan smiled warmly. “So, do you go to my school?” he relaxed back into the sofa, leaving his hands resting on his thighs.

    “I thought we established that the first time we met? I'm a rent boy, I don't need an education. So, that would be a no,” I tugged one corner of my lips up into a spiteful smile. I didn't know why my tone was so bitter, I never really intended it to be. It was just as if my body and voice had a complete mind of its own.

    Logan's eyes dimmed and he gave me a brief smile of acknowledgement, “Do your parents know...about you being a rent boy?”

    “I don't have any parents,” I snapped, feeling my face contort in anger at the word. My heart thudded heavily in my chest and my throat felt as though it was closing up. Luckily, I managed to clear my head from the memories and force myself to relax again.

    “Oh.” I heard him say quietly, momentarily looking away. “So when did you drop out of school, then?”

    “Three years ago,” the words left my mouth without me even pausing to think about what I was saying. I glimpsed at Logan's reaction, too curious to ignore the urge, to find that his face held a sort of who gives a fuck expression, which surprised me slightly.