Chapter 17

Harry smiled gratefully at Louis as the girls grabbed his hands, leading him over to a less populated area. He sat down and tapped his fingers on the stones as they worked, smoothing out his long hair and braiding it as tight as they could manage without hurting him, sticking in the occasional hundred flowers as they went along.

Louis watched as they worked, smiling fondly at Harry. Maximus nudged him, smiling.

"Oh, shut it."

When the girls were finally finished, Harry stood and spun on his heels, his braid spinning around him. There were hundreds of flowers in his hair, and he seemed to adore every one of them.

"Thank you so much," he told the girls.

"You're welcome!"

"Your hair's so pretty!"

Louis chuckled softly, walking over to them. "You look good, Blondie. Ready to explore?"

"Yes, let's go!" He grabbed Louis's hand and pulled him down the street, loving the feel of the warm stones against his bare feet.

Harry dragged Louis around for a while, occasionally stopping just to point at things and ask questions about them without waiting for the answers. He missed the feeling of the frying pan swinging in his hand, but he made up for it by swinging his arm around whenever he wouldn't hit people.

Louis happily watched him explore, answering questions when he had the time and just enjoying the sight of Harry's euphoria at everything.

There were merchant carts at every roadside, and Harry needed to investigate them all. He dragged Louis to each and every one, picking up and examining whatever they were selling or advertising, mostly flowers, produce, and themed souvenirs. Harry would pick something up, marvel at it, toss it to Louis to make sure he appreciated it, then run off to the next cart, leaving Louis to smooth things over with the merchant.

This continued for possible hours, until Harry's stomach roared at him with a vengeance, having been ignored all day. Harry tried to ignore it now, but Louis could finally hear it and was more concerned.

"Blondie, we can wait two minutes to get food, ok? You can even pick the cart, but you have to eat."

"But... I want to see things," he whined.

"Yeah. And you can see things after you eat. C'mon."  He paused. "There's a cart by a big mural... best of both worlds?"

"Ok! Lead me." Harry grabbed Louis's hand, smiling wide and bouncing a little.

He smiled back, leading him down the path to the food cart. When they got there, there was a small line, which Louis joined. Harry stood behind him before the mural caught his eye and drew him away.

It was a picture made of colored stones, built into the painting rather than drawn on top. The photo was of a man and woman in regal robes, most likely the king and queen of the kingdom, holding a baby. A baby with... long blond hair and green eyes. Like him.

People were kneeling around the mural, laying offerings on the stones. One girl laid down a beautiful lily and said to her mother, "It's for the lost prince."

Harry's jaw dropped just a little as he continued to stare at the baby in the mural until something else captured his attention once again. A traveling band of three instrumentalists playing a lute, a violin, and a recorder. They stopped in the square and started playing a tune, which Harry started swaying to, drawn to the center of the square. Why were they here again...?
__________________

For @louisThiccSexyAss 

I need my 'womanizer' update now boii