Chapter Four: Cryptic Confusion

Shark's POV

The welcome party to this world was NOT great at all. If I could give it stars, I would give it a negative five. I mean, it was TERRIBLE. Let me tell ya.

When I first exited, I was underwater. The lake was shallow, but I had been screaming when I came through. Soooo... I tried to inhale and got a lung full of water. It hurt like heck!

When I surfaced, I coughed hard. That was when another head popped up next to me, coughing up water. I had no idea who this person was. Her black hair was tied up with a white bow and she had red feathers sticking out of her hair.

I looked around for shore and found us in the center of what looked to be a lagoon. The area behind us went deeper before ending at a large house in the distance. In front of us slowly became shallower until it reached the beach.

I started to head in the direction of the beach, thinking that it would be better than swimming to the house in the distance. The girl followed close behind, looking like she was just as lost as me. When we made it to shore, the beach was littered with metal scraps, as if something had blown up in the general vicinity.

There were trees nearby, so I quickly made my way over to the area. The girl seemed to hesitate, watching me head over to the trees. I stopped and looked at her. She looked back at me with a questioning look. Sighing, I motioned for her to follow and the girl quickly caught up to me.

Once at the trees, we sat down at the base of the tallest, looking across the lagoon at the large house. There was an awkward silence for several minutes before I decided to introduce myself.

"Hi! I'm Andrew, but you can call me Shark," I said, holding out my hand to the girl. She looked at my hand for a second before taking it and answering.

"Hello, Shark. I'm Aria. Aria Guardian."

"Nice," I replied. That was when I noticed that we were dry. "What the... how are we already dry?"

Aria looked down at her own clothes, seeming to be just as confused as me. "I-I don't know..."

That was when we heard thunder behind us.

Now, you might be thinking, "Shark, it's probably just an incoming storm." Ha ha... yeah, no. That was not the case.

The sky was completely free of clouds and the thunder kept going as if the lightning it was probably coming from was not gonna stop anytime soon.

Once the thunder finally stopped, I peeked around the tree, only to see a sword hurtling straight at my face. I yelped and hid behind the tree again, sword barely missing my head by a mere inch.

I looked in Aria's direction, only to see she was no longer there. I didn't get a chance to wonder where she disappeared to before my attacker appeared to my left, an angry look in his... WHY ARE HIS EYES PURE BLACK AND WHITE?!

The being held up his hand in my direction. Welp... time to go!

I dodged behind the tree I was sitting under. A flash of white appeared where I had just been standing, the sound of thunder roaring in my ears.

WHO (or more specifically WHAT) IS THIS GUY?!?!?!

Soon I found myself playing something similar to Hide and Seek, only I was permanently the hider and the... Man(?) was the seeker who just happened to be using lightning to catch me.

I was running past the beach again when a GIANT WALL OF ICE STOPPED ME. I looked to my left and right, only to see I was surrounded by the cold substance. I turned around, looking at the being walking towards me. The man had a smirk plastered on his face. Now that I have a good look at him, the being in front of me was definitely not human. He had dark teal skin and hair with matching colored clothes. There was white light surrounding one of his arms and black smoke swirling around the other. In the center of his chest, his clothes bore a symbol that looked cool, yet terrifying. It showed black and white curved lines going into a gold center. I guess it wasn't exactly the design that scared me, but the power that seemed to run through it. I could practically feel the power coming off him from where I stood.