Chapter 2

Tanaka:
Did you make it home safe? Have a good night! :)

You woke up to your alarm ready for another day of school. You checked your phone and saw that yes, yesterday did happen. You actually made friends with a stranger! Or not a stranger anymore... You were embarrassed as you replayed the conversations in your head. While you were replaying the day in your head, you realized you never replied to Tanaka!

You quickly fumbled out your phone and thought about what to say. Just a quick reply would work.

(Y/N):
Yep! I slept well and didn't see the message till now. Hope you had a good night's rest as well.

You felt a weight lifted off your shoulders. Did sending a message usually feel so freeing? You got up and out of bed with a new energy. That being said, you were still tired yet noticeably more motivated to get up and on with the day.

Tanka woke up to his alarm and checked his phone. That cool student he met yesterday didn't reply. Oh well L/N probably went to bed. He got ready and got on his way to Karasuno. He has volleyball practice in the mornings as the gym is open and the team needs to practice all the time they get! His mood brightened after he realized he would also get to see Kiyoko today!

With a new pep in his step, he entered the school grounds and met with Ennoshita. "Ready for practice today?" Ennoshita asked as they entered the club room. "You know it! I'm gonna hit some good spikes today and impress the kouhais!" Tanaka and Ennoshita then approached the gym and joined in with the other team members already there.

As they joined the team in stretches, Tanaka was confused because both Hinata and Kageyama were late. They usually make it on time to get as much practice as they can. "Where is the speed duo?" "Well, they did practice hard yesterday. As team captain, I told them they better have a rest day. They aren't going to get the results they want if they overwork themselves. Same goes for you all, got it?" Daichi coached. Well, there goes his daily captain speech. You all continued with your stretches like normal.

"Nice one!"

Asahi nailed another spike onto the other side of the net. As a team, they decided to work on spiking and the forms for it. Tanaka was eager for his turns as he went into practice wanting to hit and spike the ball, and his wish was granted. Were the Gods on my side today after all? Tanaka thought as he prayed staring at the ceiling.

Before Tanaka knew it, it was his turn again. As he was approaching his jump to do a line spike, he knew this was going to be the one. His form was perfect. The jump was perfect for his hand to slap the ball. Bam! The volleyball went straight to the line. A chorus of 'wow's were heard. "Woo! Take that!" After doing his godly spike, Daichi called for a water break.

"Did you see that Tsukishima?!" Tanaka shouted. "See what? Your lame spikes?" Tsukishima replied in his cocky attitude. "Are you asking for a death wish?!!" Tanaka pretended to charge at Tsukishima. He backed off. "Now that is how you deal with the salt king." Tanaka was startled by a chuckle from behind. It was Sugawara. He doesn't dabble in many of Karasuno's play fights, but that doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy them. "What are you laughing at huh?" Tanaka asked. "Just the silly antics of Karasuno." Sugawara replied with a warm smile on his face.

"Water break will be extended for another 5 minutes as Yamaguchi is refilling the waters." This gave Tanaka extra time for a break. He wondered what time it was and how much longer practice was. He decided to check his phone. He headed back to the locker rooms and checked the time. Another 30 minutes till class huh? While he was checking the time, he noticed a notification in his messages. He expected it to be Saeko telling him to pick up food on the way home, but what he saw instead made him brighten up a bit.