2

When receiving a call from the Academy of Sciences, ShangYu was having a meeting in the office.

In addition to being the duke of the empire, he also controlled several essential economic lifelines. In this high-tech era, company meetings were conducted in the form of virtual imaging. After the people of the empire formally entered the company, they uploaded their images. So every time they had a meeting, they could stay at home comfortably, drinking freshly brewed coffee while having a meeting.

"JiangYu isn't here?" ShangYu frowned slightly.

Everyone looked around, they gulped, indeed, he wasn't here, they couldn't help but worry about how their boss's temper today would turn out without him.

JiangYu was an omega who has been in the company for a few years now. He always wears a mask. Sometimes when he laughs, his curved smiley eyes were especially gentle, which made him quite popular. But when he was in meetings, he was calm and clear-headed, and several important proposals had been used. Even ShangYu who had always been extremely picky would treat him differently. Almost everyone in the company was secretly guessing that if ShangYu was finally able to get rid of that Alpha that had entangled with him for so many years, this mysterious Omega would very likely be his new husband.

Sure enough, ShangYu 's expression changed a little, but the boss's emotions never had written directly on his face. Everyone didn't dare to guess more. They only felt that he was in a bad mood today, probably because JiangYu isn't here.

Halfway through the meeting, ShangYu 's Beta secretary's virtual phone turned on. She glanced roughly, her face suddenly whitened. She cautiously whispered, "Mr. Shang? Academy of Sciences and Technology needs to talk to you...It's an emergency..."

Not knowing if it was an illusion or not, everyone in the room felt that ShangYu's expression slightly loosened.

"Tell them to wait, I'll call back in a while," ShangYu said.

Secretary Beta was taken aback, "It says...it's urgent...it's yours..."

ShangYu was slightly impatient now, "We are in a meeting, as you may see, so I will talk later."

He knew who it was, and he had guessed probably why the Academy of Sciences called, probably because that person couldn't help it. After all, all that person wanted to do was be with him.

378 words