6

As he was walking out of the bar, ShangYu recall the priceless expression on his friend's face when he is about to leave. He chuckles slightly to himself.

He really had changed a lot at the moment he heard the truth, and now it seams that he isn't himself anymore-----at that moment all he was thinking about is going back home, but forget that that person, ShiWen should be in the academy of Sciences at the moment to undergo surgery.

ShangYu wonder how the gland removal went.

The operation to remove the glands has been around for years, but the pseudo gland is a little more specialized -- but no harder to get than the real thing. He kept the Academy working on it for so many years, just waiting for the technology to get better and safer.

Although he has seems to be strict and cold, but for real, he is actually more tolerant than others.

Otherwise, as soon as the knot is made, he will have ShiWen's glands removed, even ignoring his life and the laws of the empire.

Recalling the call from the Academy of Sciences and the reminder from his secretary in the meeting, ShangYu couldn't help but pick up his phone and dial the number back.

"......"

No one answered the phone.

It was 11 or 12 o 'clock at night, the imperial labor law stipulated that AI would automatically shut down the work contact after working hours, and he never took down the personal number of any staff of the Academy of Sciences, not even bothering to save his secretary's.

He hesitated, but decided to go back home first.

He will talk to the Academy of Sciences tomorrow morning, ShangYu decided, and the surgery can be delayed. He may need to have a talk with ShiWen about the whole thing, and...their relationship.

But if the gland is already removed, it doesn't matter then anyway... Knot removal is more mature under the academy's research, giving both of them a fresh start, which also is good.

When ShangYu returned to his home, while he standing at the front door, and had a strange feeling that tugged his heart.

As if... his heart is sinking, gradually sunken in cold water.

That feeling made him slow down his hand to open the door.

The lights turn on automatically under the operation of AI. The whole house is not furnished with much furniture, which makes the house seem empty.

It was not the warm smell the ShangYu was used to, but a strong smell of disinfectant.

It was as if someone had just done a thorough cleaning for two days.

ShangYu feels that it may have been that person, after all, that person stress on hygiene.

But there's something wrong about it, very wrong.

His forebodings were always accurate, and they urged him to keep going.

-- until, at the door of ShiWen's room.

He had never been so cautious in this house, because that person would have always been there, and he hadn't even seen the house much before that person moved in. So this might as well count as the first time he's set foot here without ShiWen.

He certainly didn't come to ShiWen's room before.

They usually have sex in the larger room next to the study -- so when he woke up the next day he can go directly to work. He was always so distracted by his work that he hated being interrupted, and even when ShiWen was resting in bed, ShangYU made ShiWen got up.

As time passed, ShiWen had move his things to another room, and would get out of bed to prepare breakfast just before ShangYu frown.

He saw it as ShiWen being judicious, but that was all.

ShiWen's room was small, but filled with vitality. He had somehow got the cartoon-patterned bed, and the room was war-toned, at odds with the neutral colors of black, white and gray that he liked in big houses.

There is a computer on the desk of ShiWen, still on , and is glowing faint light, looking as the owner hadn't turn off the whole thing before he left.

Out of curiosity that came out of blue, he was quickly attracted by another thing on the desk.

A... Wooden photo frame. Looks like something from ancient Earth. Actually, a lot of furniture of the room looks at it seems to come from of ancient earth, may be that's why it seems to fill with vitality.

There are two people in the photo.

He and...ShiWen.

The two have never had a group photo together, and the photo appears to have been carefully cut out of the larger photo and is being put together by paste.

Himself looked young, but still is cold and unwilling to spare a smile, as he glanced across at himself and noticed that he was wearing the same suit he had worn at prom ten years earlier.

And that person.

There is a big difference that teen and now. In those days, although he'd still get the fake Omega glands installed, but in his body he still held that confidence and strength as an Alpha-- as for now, he is thinner and smiling less, and even if he does smile, it seems forced, which makes ShangYu bored of it.

Looking at the photo, Shang Yu recalled the time he was in high school, ShiWen completely regardless of the eyes of others, like a swirling-wind he is, broke into ShangYu's life. Though he is so out of place among the student of the self-disciplined Imperial high school, he still is especially memorable and unforgettable.

Unconsciously, his eyes soften at the thought of it, and gently put the picture frame back.