Chapter 2

When the sun began to rise and the birds began to call into the morning. One bird landed on Tommy's shoulder and squawked so loudly it woke the boy up. 

He shoved the bird away as he got out of his little blanket. Once he had folded it up and shoved it away, he took off over the mountains. 

Tommy remembered camping in the mountains once, it was horrible. The only reason he did was because of his flock. He flew over the ocean when the syndicate attacked where he crash-landed when his wings gave out. He wished she would've escaped too. 

It was about midday when he started to see the ocean although it wasn't super clear. Fog blanketed the water making it almost impossible to see past a mile from the ground. In the distance, he could see the ferry approaching. Right on time. 

He decided to land right before the docks, in the woods. To hide his wings he drew a symbol in pen on his wrist. As soon as he capped the pen, he felt the weight return to his wings and made sure they were gone before continuing. 

When he made it to the docks, he looked through the stuff he brought to try to find some way to contact Ranboo or-- never mind. He didn't want to talk to Tubbo. But he couldn't find his phone. Shit. It's in the kitchen.

The dock was empty other than a few randos who just stood by the railings. Tommy purchased a ticket and searched for a form of a payphone.

Upon finding an old payphone, he asked the clerk for some quarters. Once they had exchanged the money he put the quarters inside and dialed Ranboo's number.

Ranboo immediately picked up on the other like and asked, "Hello?"

"Hey, Ranboo, it's Tommy," the other replied. 

"Tommy? Where are you?

"I'm at the ferry to the Antarctic Empire..."

"Why? Didn't something happen there? I thought you never wanted to be there!"

"I-I'm... I decided instead of doing the whole I take down the thugs and become a hero I decided to... hunt down the entire syndicate." Those words stung the air, leaving Ranboo silent.

"Tommy, don't. This isn't a good idea and you know it."

"No. It is a good idea. I want to know what they did with my flock." More silence. "Tell Tubbo it'll be another week." 

A female voice said, "One minute remaining." through the speaker. 

"Bye Ranboo."

"Tommy, don't hang up and me. Tommy--!" The boy set the phone back on it's perch and walked to the dock. 

He felt eyes stare at him from behind as he watched the water but this was normal. He probably was the coolest looking person here. 

A horn blew in the distance, signalling the ferry was arriving. He watched as the boat pulled into the dock and men pulled it in with ropes. 

The ferry was very large, probably able to seat at least a hundred if not more inside like some kind of sightseeing boat and it looked pretty new. 

People began to board and so did he, giving the ticket to a worker standing on the deck and shuffling inside. 

The inside was warm but the heater sounded clanky and was probably in need of repair. About ten of the seats were full giving the boy plenty of leg room. Somehow, those eyes still remained on him. 

Once the boat had gotten a good distance from the dock, a woman tapped him on the shoulder.

"Do you have a pen I could use?"

"Oh, yes," Tommy replied as he pulled his pen out of his pocket and handed it to her. 

A few minutes later, she handed it back with an odd smile. 

"One more thing... how far into the water are we?" she asked.

"Not far."

Something told me that she was trying to lul me to sleep however, my ability allowed me to black any incoming power aimed towards me. She frowned. This had happened when I had gotten into the city. 

Someone tried to curse an object he had found but the curse never came true so he just expected that's what is abilities were. 

Both humans and hybrids had abilities and in the city, there were plenty of people who had both.

"Sorry then," she replied as he covered my nose and mouth with something. It was sweet but made me tired. He tried to scream but it was muffled and the boy was much too weak. 

This is the end. he thought as the world faded out. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

wow angst how unsurprising.

btw! tommy's ability or blocking other abilities is only good for abilities that have nothing to do with travel and temporary spells (curses and enchantments not included). It he was given speed, slowness, teleported, etc. those would work however if someone else's power was to shoot a beam though their hands to harm others, it would not harm him. Temporary spells may include invisibility, strength, etc. for a short amount of time.

[word count:830]

-avarageknot