Chapter 4

Tommy had never been in a limousine. 

Well, maybe he had when he was very young but it was a foggy memory. 

This limo was full of snacks and objects that could shatter if you put it down wrong. Tommy was having a blast stuffing chocolates in his pockets for later however, the others weren't amused. 

The outside was coated in white and only snowing more. It must've been at least -15 degrees (celsius).

"So, you must be Tommy," the one with wings said as they each took off their masks.

"Yeah," Tommy replied, flatly. He was still upset about what they did. 

"Call me Phil. These are my sons, Wilbur and Techno."

"They look stupid."

"I could say the same to you you fucking--" Wilbur began as Tommy shot Phil an innocent look.

"Do you have a phone? I have roommates to get back to. I'm sure I could clear this whole thing up and--"

"No," Phil replied, "You are one of my sons now and you will stay with me. You don't need them."

"Or what?"

"You'll be dead like the rest of them," Techno said as he stared out a window.

Tommy felt his gut sink. There was no way around this. He wanted to throw up.

"A-and where are we going?" he asked, trying to think of a funny insult but nothing came to mind.

"Antarctica," Techno replied. 

"Great."

The rest of the car ride was silent. It wasn't like there was much to be said anyway. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

When they arrived, Tommy had to steal his bag from Wilbur while yelling at him for touching his stuff. 

Phil pulled him aside and told him to choose a role and when he was done, find his office and see him in there. Before Phil could tell the boy where it was, he ran away into that halls. 

Instead of the traditional red that Tommy remembered, it was blue, so cold and icy. Tommy sighed, taking a big whiff of...

His flock. 

She was here. 

His brain kicked into overdrive and he bolted down to the halls, following her scent. He chirped happily and found the room the scent was coming from however it was a bit old. 

He knocked. 

No answer.

"Flock! I'm here!" he shouted as he burst in. 

She wasn't there. 

Of course, she wasn't there.

"What are you doing?" a voice asked as Tommy snapped out of it.

"I was just... checking for a room, asshole," Tommy cursed as he came face to face with Wilbur.

"The open rooms are this way," he said as he spun on his heel and began to walk. Tommy followed obediently, feeling his face flush just a bit from embarrassment. "What were you looking for in Phil's room? No one's allowed in there, you know."

"I just thought... never mind. Why would it matter to you?"

"So I could tell Phil you weren't trying to steal from him."

"I just thought someone was here, ok? Like the rats, the rats in the walls."

"Alright then... here, want me to take you down one of my favorite hallways?" he asked as they stopped before a 3-way intersection.

"Fine, I guess."

The man led Tommy down a long hallway, at the end sat paintings of the former rulers of the empire and one of them was his flock with a baby in his hands, he assumed it was him. 

The next painting was of a boy with blonde hair, blue eyes, and red wings. It must've been from memory because his eyes looked much sadder than Tommy's did. The nameplate under it read, 'TOMMY. THE BLOODLINE DIES WITH YOU.'

"That's kind of scary," Tommy commented as he observed the painting.

"Oh yeah... that was Kristen's son and he disappeared in the revolution. She painted that one herself."

"Where did she go?"

"Died... Not too long ago now that I think about it. She got super sick, passed away about... 6 months ago." They kept walking.

"Wow... just missed her then, huh?" Tommy joked.

"'Guess so. Did you want to see her or something?"

"Who knows..."

"You seemed really enamored with her, huh?"

"Why would you say that?"

"Listen, I'm not going to tell Phil or anything so just stop worrying."

"I bet."

Wilbur stopped at 4 large doors. 

"Now, Techno and I have this side of the rooms," Wilbur announced as he pointed at the left side, "You can do whatever you want with the other."

Tommy just left him, muttering a quick, "Thank you," under his breath. He walked into the farthest room and slammed the door. Once he got in he looked at the large bed draped in blue with three windows that reached the ceiling on the other side. The boy remembered when it was red and warmed. He had definitely played hide and seek with the maids at least once.

Judging by the way these kinds of rooms had been set up, there would be a walk-in closet a few feet away from the bed. He could tell that the vanity across from the bed hadn't been replaced in a while let alone cleaned. 

The boy tossed his bag on the bed and sunk down next to the door. This is so fucking wrong... He thought as tears began to fall. He tucked himself in tight, trying to make himself feel better.

Flock, I wish you were here. Please come back, I need you.

He didn't want to use anything of theirs. He didn't want to eat. He only wanted to go home. This wasn't his home anymore. 

They had changed it.

They had ruined it.

How dare them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

angst. only angst. head empty, only sad child.

i got a pimple on my finger wtf

[word count: 953]

-avarageknot