04.

╭──────༺♡༻──────╮

A

ntonio stood frozen in his spot. The bright lights and the crowd of people made him anxious.

At that moment, he couldn't move even with Casita trying to gently push him forwards.

He felt the overwhelming feeling almost take over his senses.

Though, a small whisper caught his attention.

" You can do it, tonito. "

He looked behind, seeing a familiar figure hidden behind the crowd.

His prima, Mirabel.

He reached his hand out and responded. " I need you. "

People may not notice the impact Mirabel has to their community but Antonio does.

Mirabel did not need a gift to help others and Antonio thinks that's what makes her even more special.

Even brighter than the rest of the Madrigals.

Mirabel would sew things together for the Encanto. She would entertain the kids for the Encanto. She would always lend a helping hand for the Encanto.

Antonio wishes that people could see his prima the way he sees her.

Mirabel hesitated when she sees her primo mouth to her that he needed her.

She was scared.

To walk down that path again. To be met with disappointment again. To be pressured by judging eyes again.

But she had to be strong- for her primo. For Antonio.

Mirabel took a step forward and held onto Antonio's hand. She didn't need Dolores' gift to hear the people's gasps.

Y/n was surprised to see Mirabel step out alongside Antonio. She was wondering where her dear friend were.

It also saddened her that her own familia couldn't even bother to look for her. Why wasn't Mirabel standing with the rest of her family.

Y/n, though loves the Madrigals, holds a small tinge of disappointment in her heart.

Y/n can only watch proudly her friend walks Antonio up the stairs.

Everyone held their breaths when Antonio placed his palms on the candle then reach out for his knob.

With a small twist, the door lit up along with a toucan flying up to the young boy.

" Uh huh! Yeah, I can understand you! " He says.

Everyone was so relieved.

" Of course, they can come! "

Everyone piled in inside Antonio's room. Y/n was about to join her family inside but someone else caught her attention.

Call her nosy but..- when your friend seems to catch herself in trouble whenever she's alone then you can't help but be worried.

" Mirabel? " Y/n called out, seeing the Madrigal rush out somewhere.

Y/n was worried, perhaps assisting Antonio up the stairs reignited some sort of trauma.

All Y/n knew at that moment was Mirabel needed company, attention that her own familia neglected to give.

" Where is that girl going? " Y/n followed behind.

Mirabel was staring at something, her eyes were opened wide with a small gasp escaping her lips.

" Miraposa? Are you okay? " Y/n spoke up, gathering Mirabel's attention.