09.

╭──────༺♡༻──────╮

" I'm so excited for Isabela. This is the first time that I'll personally see a proposal up close. " Y/n smiled. Unaware of the truth behind the facade of romance.

Dolores made sure to inform Y/n what Mariano was planning to do during dinner. Y/n also took note that Dolores seemed to be off while saying this.

Y/n wanted to ask if she was fine but Dolores seem to always brush the question off. Just like all the Madrigals when you'd ask them.

" I really hope that I won't be intruding. " Y/n whispered to herself. Though Camilo had already assured her that she was more than welcome, she still felt a little insecure.

Sometimes, She wonders if the Madrigals truly liked her or just tolerated her since she inherited a miracle. She knew that it was senseless worries but it still ate her up inside.

" Ack!! " Y/n let out a terrified gasp, eyes widened and mouth agape. She watched as she stumbled backwards and the vase that she was carrying fell from her grasp.

Fortunately, luck was on her side and someone had caught the vase before it could hit the ground and shatter into pieces. That would have been terrible.

" Mirabel! Oh, thank you. You're a saviour. Truly. " She had praised, sighing in relief.

Mirabel nervously chuckled. She seemed a bit anxious, more than usual. She was heavily sweating and her eyes avoided contact, darting towards the floor.

" Uhm? Mira, you okay? You seem a bit.. nervous? " Y/n worried. Mirabel's eyes snapped up. She finally looked at Y/n in the eyes.
" I'm fine! Really fine! The Magic is fine and this proposal is going to be fine. "

Okay. Noted, something is definitely not fine.

Y/n was used to separating lies from truth thanks to Camilo. You'd become a human lie detector thanks to that boy.

" Watch your steps, Mirabel. Also, go and help your Papa with organizing upstairs. " Alma had scolded. She happened to be close during the ordeal and had unknowingly given her an escape.

" Si, Abuela! Bye, Y/n! " Mirabel bolted out of the living room, leaving Y/n concerned and confused.

Y/n wanted to really make sure that Mirabel was fine but she didn't really have the time as her name was called again for assistance.

Another pair of hands here and another pair of hands there. Though they were clones, Y/n could still feel a bit fatigue and tired from all the movement.

It's not like Y/n would feel hurt if one of her clones got punched but there would be that lingering ghost of a painful feeling that made her uncomfortable.

It was like that.

" Go check on Mirabel upstairs, Mija. " Julieta instructed her, giving her a chance of getting some rest. She was really grateful for that.

She had made her way upstairs, her hands tracing against the railing as she headed towards Mirabel's room. Well, it was the nursery room.

" What do I do? The magic is fading? The Casita will fall? Why now? The Magic has held up so well for so long but why did it weaken? "

oh uh.

Y/n knew that her nosy habit would come back to bite her someday.

Yet it seems it wasn't just her that received this information.

" Yip! I know.. " Dolores gasped as the door to Mirabel's room creaked open to reveal Mira and her Dad staring at a green glowing tablet. Y/n guessed that it was one of Bruno's visions.