06.

╭──────༺♡༻──────╮

" Camilo. She will be fine. " Dolores sighed. " Tia Julieta had already fed her with her food so she's healed. " Dolores had to assure her hermano for the 50th time already.

She has her fair share of worry for Y/n but Camilo's nonstop fussing can almost compete with their Mother's.

" I know, Dolores. I know. But I can't help it, hermana. " Camilo sighed, covering his face with his palms.

" I felt like my other half has been torn from me. My heart aches from just the sight of her in discomfort. " Camilo mumbled.

" I have never seen her in that state before. She's usually smiling at me and looking at me with warm eyes. " Camilo said.

" Seeing her like that made me realize something, hermana. I would absolutely hate it if something wrong were to happen to her. " Camilo continued to rant.

" I felt like I was the one dying. " Camilo looked horrified just remembering the blood on his bonita's forehead.

Dolores moved closer, placing a hand comfortingly behind Camilo's back.

Her hermano is truly so lovesick.

" Camilo. " She called, gathering his attention. " I understand that you are feeling terrified. I assure you though, Y/n is stronger than you think. She will be okay. "

" You will probably be the first person she'll run to once she can stand. " Dolores smiled.

" If Mirabel doesn't get to her first. " Dolores teased. Mirabel Madrigal is the only person that could keep Y/n from Camilo.

" Ay, Dolores! Don't jinx it. " Camilo hissed and Dolores chuckled at her hermano's reaction.

" She'll be so bored without me. Mi Bonita, so pitiful. " I joked. " I am her favorite Madrigal after all! " Camilo boasted. Dolores rolled her eyes at him.

" Don't test me, Camilo. I'm the favorite. " Dolores scoffed in retort.

" No way. " Camilo huffed and Dolores crossed her arms. " Okay. I admit it may not be but It's most definitely Mirabel. "

Camilo's mouth hangs open as he had nothing to retaliate with.

" I- she met me first! "

" Correction, hermano. She met me, then Abuela, then you. " Dolores said

" Couldn't you just allow me this bit of happiness? "

" I exist to knock down your ego. "

" What ego? "

" The ego that Y/n and I are struggling to crush. "

·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳

" Señor Gp/n. " Alma knocked on the door of the L/n residences.

" My deepest apologies. About Y/n- is she alright? " The Elder Madrigal asked.

She brought a basket filled with food that she had her daughter, Julieta make.

" It's okay, Alma. Mi nieta is awake and is alreadt excited to hop out of bed. Her mami had to force her to rest. " The Elder L/n laughed.

" That's pleasant to hear! Camilo has been worried for quite the time! I have a feeling that our families will get the chance to connect in the near future. " Alma said.

Gp/n nervously coughed.
" Maybe don't pressure the young ones? Dating is already such a stressful thing, marriage is much too much on their plate. "

Gp/n remembers how the Madrigal woman once tried to pair his daughter with Bruno once.

Fortunately, Gp/n convinced the elder otherwise before she could pressure the two who were obviously not a good match.

No offense to Bruno but M/n hated rats. And she already had her eyes on someone else.

ehem- F/n.

" I am aware, Gp/n. " Alma nodded. " Young love. Kids are growing up so fast. Mi bebe is a wonderful mother now. " Gp/n sighed.

" It was just like yesterday when I held my triplets in my arms as babies. " Alma smiled. Pushing back the memory of her husband's death the very same day.

" Oh, Gp/n. I insist that you join mi familia for dinner tomorrow! Julieta will make your favorites and it would be as an apology. " Alma offered. " It had been so long since our families ate together in one table. "

Gp/n thought about it for a moment before agreeing.

" Si, Alma. We will gladly accept. " Gp/n nods.

" Also, talk to Mirabel. Tell her that mi nieta is okay! " Gp/n passed on the message.
" Please don't be too hard on her also! You know that Mirabel always gives her 200% in effort. "

" Do excuse her at times. Mira can be..  a handful. " Alma frowned.

" Your granddaughter is a star, Alma. Don't realize that too late. " Gp/n reminded.

Alma returned her home as Gp/n went to get ready for bed.

The two elders has been friends for a very long while.

Gp/n was the oldest among the two, him being the one to assist her when she was a child. He was the one to walk her down the aisle on her wedding when her Papa had already passed on.

Gp/n had also been there for every gift ceremony, starting with her triplets.

It's safe to say that Alma treasures her friendship with the L/n family.

The reason as to why she wants to protect it like with the candle.

When Gp/n just finished getting ready to sleep, he spotted F/n in the kitchen.

The man was snatching fresh quesadillas from the plate prepared for Y/n.

" You glutton. Save some for your daughter. " Gp/n scolds. He smiled playfully at his son in law.

" Mi bebe will be fine! M/n made too much and Y/n's full so she went to sleep. " F/n defended.

" I'm just eating the leftovers so they don't go to waste. " He had reasoned and Gp/n laughs. " Move over, then. "

" I'm getting some too, old man. "

" Ha? Old? You're ancient in comparison to me. "

" Hey! Have some respect for the eldest in this town. "

" I prove my case. "

╰──────༺♡༻──────╯