05.

╭──────༺♡༻──────╮

Y/n shuffled in her bed, a small groan rumbling from her throat while she still had her eyes closed.

" Mija? "

A soft and warm voice stirred her from her sleep.

She then felt hands gently pat her head as if to comfort her.

Y/n mumbled softly in a hazy murmur before peering open her e/c colored eyes. " Hm.. "

" Mama? " She muttered out in confusion. In a clearer sight, Y/n could see her Mother gaze at her with relief.

" Oh, mi bebe! Y/n! Gracias a Dios. " M/n happily cried.

She didn't waste time to wrap her arms around her beloved daughter.

" You're awake, bebe. " M/n smiled as she refused to let go of her child.

" Mama, I cannot breathe. " Y/n coughed, wheezing for air before her Mother pulled away.

" Mama, what happened? Was I not with Mirabel? " Y/n asked, still in a daze of confusion.

" You see.... A vase fell on top of your head but luckily, Julieta was able to heal you in time. " M/n says.

Her Mother could not hold back the tears that dripped down endlessly. The relief and worry she feels for her daughter flooded her.

" Oh, Mama. " Y/n awed as she immediately cuddled closer to her Mother.

" Please calm down. " She whispers, rubbing her Mother's back. " I'm safe. "

" Look at me! I can almost rival Luisa in terms of strength. " Y/n joked to lighten the mood.

" How is Mirabel? She looked very upset last I saw her. Please tell me she's okay. " She brought up.

" Oh, Mira is fine. That girl is strong, gift or no gift. I just wish Alma wasn't so harsh on her. " M/n sighed.

To the L/n Family. Mirabel was much like a part of their Familia.

M/n watched that beautiful grow alongside Y/n. She saw how she shined brighter than any of the other Madrigals.

" Maybe I should go to Mira now? I can tell her than I'm fine. " Y/n tried to stand, to rush of to La Casa Madrigal and confront Mirabel.

M/n stops her. She gently made her daughter settle down. " No, cariño. You will rest. You can visit the Madrigals tomorrow. "

" But- "

" No buts, mi bebe. "

" Mami! "

" Hush. "

Y/n can only sigh as she was assisted into a laying position on her bed. She can only stare up at her ceiling.

" Since I'm on bedrest duty, will you make me my favorite food, Mami? " Y/n requested. She made sure to give her best puppy eyes.

" Ay. You learn those eyes from your Papa. " M/n chuckled and Y/n grins.
" It's what made you fall for Papa. "

" Okay Okay, I'll make you your favorite quesadillas. " M/n nodded, walking out of her daughter's room to fulfill her wishes.

After that, Y/n was left to her own devices. She just laid there, pondering to herself.

" I miss Camilo. "

A certain Madrigal boy flooded her mind.

" Ah, why am I thinking of him all of the sudden? "

╰──────༺♡༻──────╯