~The Untold Feelings~

'Ting', 'Ting' , 'Ting'..
Continuous three notifications popped up in Shanaya's phone.
Woah, five more.
There she comes, looking for it.
'Oh my God' Shanaya screamed in happiness.
Happiness of someone liking or commenting about her latest Instagram post, due to which her iPhone screen was flashing again and again.

Shanaya Mehta, a 19 year old carefree girl, not forget to mention her love for mobile is vast. She is the daughter of late lieutenant Arya Mehta and Major Anil Mehta. She lost her mother at the age of 13 but the relatives were surprised as she didn't shed any tears or be vulnerable. Anil thought maybe she was trying to act strong. Shanaya being a single child, was always pampered by her parents and of course they loved her like anything. She too love her parents, maybe...

A maid was there in the house till evening, and by 8, Anil would come from office. After Arya's death he decided to leave the battleground and work in Delhi's Military Office so that Shanaya won't be alone. Little did he knew, it doesn't make any difference to her...

Their house was adorned with all the medals, chakras and shield the couple had won and of course, photos of Arya, too...
Often when her friends visited the house, they got the vibes of entering a 'Museum'.
'Shanaya, yeh ghar kam museum zyada lag raha hai', said her friend laughing.
'I am sure here we'll get all our history records'
'Like?'
'Arre see, both her parents are from military na, so of course Shanaya ko roz Battles ki stories sunni padti hongi, as a bedtime story', another one said laughing as it was the most funniest joke.
But this didn't went well with Shanaya. She was fully embarrassed and...maybe ashamed of her parents too.
She was not like this, but later age had a great impact, peer pressure was not less and the person from her family to whom she was little close, Arya died, making her suffocated in this house.

'Papa, I don't know ye sab saaf chahiye kal tak. Call Anuj uncle and take all this to the military house' Shanaya said irritatedly.
'But Beta, ye sab hi toh akhiri nishani hai Arya ki', Anil said.
'Kya nishani nishani yaar!! We have her photos na, that's enough. Also I feel very embarrassed in front of my friends because of you both' yelled Shahana and left to her room, while Anil could just give a blank expression. Not the first time she shouted on him, but parents would prefer a laughter more than a yell from their children.

Within a day, everything was cleaned up. It was night, Shanaya was editing her photos and simultaneously chatting with her friend, when Anil barged in.
'Oh god Papa! You scared me.'
'Here, your dinner, and I cleaned it up, so are you happy now?' said Anil with an expression clearly showing he was in pain.
'Ha kya? Accha ya okay. So, umm ho gaya? I mean you have came late so, jao some aap thak gaye honge na. I'll also sleep.' Anil nodded and was going.
'Shanaya, beta eat food then sleep, okay. You'll have headache in morning if slept with an empty stomach.'
Shanaya didn't looked at him, as she was busy, just nodded and Anil left.

Her friends in college had a typical discussion today, of while she was thinking late in her room.
'With whom we enjoy the most, family or friends?'
'Of course yaar friends. Family is such a bore'
Her this sentence was lingering in her head.
'Ha so kya galat bola maine!? Who has time for me? Mummy left me. Papa, kya bolu unhe. He is himself, sara sin office. I am happy with this phone and my friends', thought Shanaya and slept.
If walls of house were alive, they would have told her how he father compromises for her, how he longs for Arya.

One day Anil was called for a mission. Thinking of he'll handle it and leaving Shanaya with maid, he left for country's call.
'Major Anil Mehra along with 9 soldiers attained martyrdom while saving their country. They were true patriots. Rest In Peace.'
Every news channel was flashing with this.

Cry and hue, with all cremation done, a devastated Shanaya entered her house and remembered their lines.
'Poor girl, first mom and now dad, so sad she now became Orphan'
'Life of orphan is not easy'
ORPHAN! ORPHAN! ORPHAN!
But the shocking thing was, Shanaya wanted to cry. Devoid of any emotion, she started remembering their moments, but not a single tear in her eyes shown mercy upon her. Finally, after a lot of attempts, she cried her heart out.
So what happened when a mother got killed?
Maybe that time she knew, one parent is still there....
But now, calling herself an orphan pained her heart. She had no one!!!
'Oh no, you have your phone and friends with you darling', her inner self assured.
'But I don't have my parents', screamed Shanaya.
'Wow, what a brilliant relation. When you had your parents, you wanted your friends and this gadget. When you have them, you want your parents? Don't you think you are too demandable?! Do you even love them?' mocked her inner self.
'Yes of course I do they are my parents!!'
'Firstly just not because they are your parents, you have to love them. A feeling from deep inside your heart is necessary. Secondly, if you call this love then what type of feelings your parents had for you? You were like what Krishnaji was to Mirabai, to them! But to you, are they even what kauravas were there to Pandavas? You had taken them for granted!! You want them when you actually realise you are all alone. The feelings were, are and always will be untold!!
By now Shanaya was screaming while crying.
'I love them, I love them I swear. But I didn't felt anything. They were always busy which made me lonely.' Shanaya cried.
'Oh really, lonely?! Did  you ever realised condition of your father when your mom left? No! The most lonely person was him who had lost his wife and his daughter, which was too busy in her personal life that she didn't even thought about him. '
Crying for hours Shania slept.

Next morning when she woke, her house was again decorate with achieved awards, Arya's and now, Anil's photo too...
She looked at the maid who was crying seeing the couple's photo hanged with garland.
'Bahot miss karungi madam ji or sir ko, inse acche log kahin nahi milenge.' She said while looking at Shanaya.
'Even she has feelings for no-blood relation'. joked her self.
While Shanaya kept seeing her parents.
Was she missing them?
Even if yes, the feeling will always be untold as they left her forever!

Truly said, "the grass is greener on the other side of fence!!"

___________________________________________________

~ A