💙2💙

Namjoon Pov

   The happy sound of giggling filled my ears as I sat comfortably in the plush window alcove in our grand living room, reading a book as my two best friends, Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook, wrestled loudly on the couch about who can sing next on the karaoke machine. Despite the loud vulgar curses and intense use of satoori between the tatted couple, they couldn't keep their hands off each other regardless of who saw them and always found a way to be touching each other. Even if it wasn't in the most romantic sense either. 

"Yah, you Gremlin! You just went!" Jungkook growled, shoving a giggling Jimin off the couch when I heard the sound of Jin's car coming up the gravel driveway.

"You guys might wanna cut that out. Our snacks are here." I announced, setting my book aside as the two stopped what they were doing to race over to the front door to greet Jin.

"Jjan!!!" Jungkook yelled as he tackled my unsuspecting brother into a bear hug, manhandling him like he weighed nothing.

"Yah, you meant to say Jin hyung." Jin corrected as he patted the muscle bunny on the back before stepping into the living room with our yummy snacks in hand. "You failed to tell me that they were here." He gave me a pointed look as he shook the bag of sugary sweetness in front of me. Oops.

"Tsk, It must've slipped my mind~ how silly of me!" I replied airily, acting like it was an accident. I bookmarked my page in the book before setting it on the window bay seat and walked over to him, taking the bag of goodies from his outstretched hand and sifting through its delicious contents.

"Well in that case, I guess it's time for me to inform you that you're coming with me to a party in two days and you're going to enjoy it!" He shrugs nonchalantly, leaving no room for arguments. I jerked my head up in alarm and looked at him with wide pleading eyes but he was wearing his 'I am older and you will obey me' expression and I just wilted in defeat.

"No fair." I grumbled over a mouthful of the chocolate chip scone. That's clearly not the same thing. I pouted, licking away the melted chocolate smeared over my lip.

"Oooh, C-can we come?" Jimin asks while scarfing down a piece of chocolate cake, his soft cheeks bulging out like a cute chipmunk.

"Uh, I'm not sure. I was invited by Kim Taehyung. You know, the walking blueberry on campus? Well his friend asked him to invite me to the party and I asked if I could bring three people, which happens to be Ken, Yoongi and Joon." He explained, looking guilty. "But I heard everyone is invited! So I'm sure you can go!" He rushed to say, not wanting to hurt their feelings.

"Chill out, I'm kidding anyway." Jimin laughed, finishing the last of his cake before taking his and Jungkook's discarded cake plastic coverings and balling them up. "We know all about Hoseok's house party but me and Kookie can't go anyway. We're working at a security site that night and have to guard some random ass parking lot. So we can't make it, anyway." Jimin explained, patting Jin's pink locks. Jin breathed a sigh of relief as he batted his hand away and looked me up and down and frowned at my appearance.

"Why are you still in your nerd clothes?" I blinked at his question and looked down at my clothes, seeing the flannel black and orange shirt and red and brown checkered pants and shrugged, "I had a study group after school." And finished off the rest of my chocolate chip scone.

"Tell me why you have to dress like this again?" Jin asked, sitting down on the couch to get comfortable. "Like I understand but at the same time I don't."

"I'm there on a full scholarship and happen to be the ace of the psychology department. I don't need any distractions. So the less attention people pay to me, the better. I also don't want people to know I'm related to you either. Can you imagine if I dressed the way I normally do and they knew I was related to you? There wouldn't be a moment without someone up in my face! Honestly, that would be even more unnecessary attention with all of your 'Seokjinnie's' running amok." I shuddered at the thought as Jin pouted at me.