⇢ ˗ˏˋ three ࿐ྂ

he would steal the stars from the sky just to see you happy

you lie on the roof of the stolen car, above your head the firmament a sea of twinkling stars can be seen

with a slight smile on your lips you look at the spectacle — it's by far one of the most beautiful things you have ever seen.

here, somewhere beside a country road several miles from the nearest small town, you can admire the sky in all its beauty.

in the city, the sky has never seemed so full of stars to you, you have always been able to see them only sporadically. the light of the city has always swallowed up that of the stars, but here in nothing there is nothing else that could swallow up that of the stars.

"it's beautiful" you murmur, your hands resting on the cool roof, almost touching hyouma's, who lies next to you, with his eyes closed.

the worries that plagued you during the ride seem to be blown away at this moment. you had a short argument about the senseless fight and the existence of the other car. the police would find it and eventually come to the conclusion that you were driving with it.

little by little all the pieces of the puzzle will fall into place, the police will eventually find you.

it's a race against time that you cannot win.

you know that and hyouma knows that too.

you suppress the fact, don't dare to think about the future, because it will come one way or another, so why torture yourself with worries now?

"i never got to see them in the city, i didn't even know there were so many stars shining in the sky" you continue, admiration resonating in your voice.

hyouma opens his eyes, turns his head to you.

you have always had this sense of aesthetics, could get excited about little things. he doesn't share the love of detail, but he loves the sparkle in your eyes when you're happy about things, excited about things.

even now he is smiling at you, looking at you through the darkness, enjoying the moment, which will become one of his fondest memories.

"a shooting star" you cry out, your eyes grow big, you point your finger to the sky.

hyouma just managed to see it before it disappeared, but long enough to make a wish.

"make a wish" he instinctively reaches for your hand, intertwines it with his.

at the same time you close your eyes, both knowing what you wish for — because you share the same wish.

when you open your eyes again, a single tear rolls down your cheek, you don't pull your face away, you don't make a sound.

the tear flows because you know that your wish will never come true.

because you want this, and you want it forever.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

you sit sleepily on the hood of the car, a map in your right hand and a pack of cigarettes in your left, which you found in the glove compartment.

hyouma comes running towards you, holding a water bottle in his hand. "have a drink, the sun is showing no mercy again today" he holds the bottle in front of your nose.

putting your things aside, you take the bottle out of his hand.

"where did you get this?" he reaches for the box, strokes the logo with his fingers.

"it was in the glove compartment" you put the bottle to your mouth.

from his pocket, hyouma pulls out a lighter, takes a cigarette from the pack. clamping the lighter between his lips, he lights the lighter and holds it to the ciggy.

you watch him take a big drag and blow out the smoke a few seconds later. with a smirk on his lips, he goes to the driver's door, sits down on the seat to put the cigarette out there — as a small memorial to the guy, in case he ever sees his car again.

his eyes fall on the newspaper, which is lying on the passenger seat. he takes it in his hand, wants to take another look at the article about you, and in doing so, he stubs out the cigarette on the seat cushion, leaving a nice little burn mark.

"fuck" he hisses softly as he skims the article. his eyes grow wide and anger begins to rise in him, he can't believe you really kept this from him.

angry he gets out of the car, you're still sitting on the hood and studying the map, you have no idea where you are.

"are you kidding me, y/n?" he slams the newspaper on the car next to you.

you flinch, startled, unable to make a sound. this is the first time in a while that you've seen him this angry — he doesn't like being lied to or having things kept from him.

"how could you keep this from me?" his eyes are watching you angrily, he's waiting for an explanation, but you have none.

omitting this detail was pure intuition, you thought it was the right decision at that moment.

"i didn't want you to worry too much and-"

"too many worries? they're justified! we're not considered missing, y/n. we're already wanted criminals, people know our face dammit!" he continued to snap at you, and rightly so, you shouldn't have kept this from him, after all, it's about him too.

feeling guilty, you lower your head, not knowing what to say. upset, hyouma leans on the cart, wanting to tear the newspaper apart.

"hyouma, i'm-" your voice breaks as you see his disappointed look.

disappointment, the worst feeling anyone can give you.

too many times you've had to feel such looks and you've always managed somehow, but when he looks at you like that you can't bear it, not with him.

painfully your heart contracts, tears, which you try to hold back, rise in your eyes.

"please get in, we're going on" he speaks softly, not looking at you.

silently you both get into the car, you continue to hold back your tears, he with a bad conscience because he has approached you like this.

your boyfriend starts the engine, the newspaper flies off the hood and falls into the brown grass.

another trace you leave behind.

your gaze is directed out the window and while nothing passes you by, tears run silently down your cheeks.