⇢ ˗ˏˋ five ࿐ྂ

show me your broken heart and all your scars, i'll take as you are.

"stop crying" hisses the old man with the next bottle in his hand

deprecating and cold, he looks down at you, his eyes dark and closed. he doesn't care about you or your well-being, is far too drunk to realize that you are hurt, that you are in pain.

blood is dripping on the floor, your body is riddled with pain - you can feel the stabbing pain in your back, every shard stuck in your skin.

more and more tears stream down your face, caused by the mental and physical pain.

"you are a disgrace" love has long since left him, this man has been eaten away by alcohol.

one last time he looks down on you, as if you were dirt, then he takes a swing.

"no!" you scream, your eyes open in fright, hearing the rapid beating of your heart, driven by inner panic. a light film of sweat shines on your skin, your breath comes in bursts.

tears wet your cheeks, it is dark in the room. with your heart pounding and your breathing strained, you begin to realize that this has all been a nightmare.

a true nightmare.

tired, you run your hands through your hair, look next to you and see hyouma sleeping peacefully.

you get out of bed and go into the adjacent bathroom. the bright yellow light blinds you in the first second, so you squint your eyes and grope to the sink.

turning on the tap, you look at yourself in the dirty mirror - your face is ashen and looks sunken. exhausted, you bend your head to the tap, wash your face and try to wake up.

as your gaze glides back to the mirror, you turn slightly so that you can look at a part of your back. with a dripping face, you contemplate the consequences of the former reality.

you will forever carry your past on your skin.

uncontrollably you begin to tremble again, supporting your hands on the sink while you lower your head. emotions overtake you again, streaming down your cheeks in the form of bitter tears.

sobbing softly you cry bitterly, you would like to smash the mirror. you don't want to see yourself anymore, you don't want to see the scars and you don't want to have the nightmares anymore.

suddenly you feel two strong arms wrapping around your waist from behind, you smell hyouma's pleasant scent.

"it's all right baby" he speaks to you, his fingers roaming along your sides.

he knows exactly why you cry, knows those nightmares that haunt you many a night.

he begins to spread soft kisses on your shoulder, begins to spread soft kisses on your scars.

under his touch, more tears stream down your cheek, driving out everything you miserably try to keep inside.

"i'm here, don't be afraid," he whispers between light kisses. slowly, you turn to face him, showing him your tear-streaked face, showing him your weakness.

with his thumbs he wipes the tears from your cheeks, carefully strokes your skin.

"he is not here and he will never be again. he will never be able to hurt you again." he brushes a few strands out of your face.

"how can you love me with this?" you whisper, your voice more brittle and weak.

right now you're more vulnerable than ever.

"those scars don't make you, y/n. you can't help them or what he did to you. what kind of man would i be if i stopped loving you because of them? i love you y/n. even with your scars" he whispers, giving you a kiss on the forehead.

you wrap your arms around him, crying silently against his chest.

hyouma gently strokes your head, giving you a sense of security and safety. something that was completely foreign to you before him - before him and your love.

he gently strokes your back, holding you tightly in his arms as you slowly calm down.

once again you realize how much you love him, once again you realize how grateful you are to him.

hyouma has been there for you when no one else has been. he has given you the love that you never got before.

he has been there from the beginning, has held your hands since you were a child, and continues to do so now, through every low, through every crime. he is not behind you when things get dicey, but in front of you.

hyouma would always protect you because you are the most important thing to him.

"thank you" you breathe, smiling wanly, as you look up at him and meet his loving gaze.

he will always be there, will always hold your hand, he promises you that without saying it - because you recognize it by his look.

your eyes are already closed when his lips gently touch yours. he tastes the tears you have shed, feels the love you have for him.

your love is destined for eternity, even if you two aren't.

here is a bit of y/n's past, as we slowly need to know some things about the backstory of the whole story

here is a bit of y/n's past, as we slowly need to know some things about the backstory of the whole story. i hope i was able to get the emotional state across well.

this story will have plottwists and will make you cry a lot, i really can't wait to write everything.