Chapter 9

I took Lisa to Father José's room. Placing her on the bed I moved to kay down beside her feeling more than a little tired over recent events.

He cry of dismay was tiny but shrill. I winced then turned my head to catch the sight of her bouncing high in the air from the impact of my hitting the mattress. She bounced a few times more emitting littlw cries of distress before she settled on the now steady mattress. She turned to face me then giving what was probably her version of the death glare.

I merely quirked a brow at her. This interrogation was going to prove easier than I thought.  I almost couldn't wait to get started.

I grinned almost evilly at her and she flinched in agitation.

" So are you going to give me the pleasure of the truth and nothing but the whole truth so help you god?" I whispered with a glint of determination in my eyes.

" You.... you bounced on purpose! " Exclaimed the ever irrepressible Lisa Matthews. I had to grudgingly allow that she had more spunk in her diminutive package then anyone else I know.

I leaned in closer inadvertently causing her to bounce again. 

"I'll bounce you till you bloody flip over unless you tell me the gods truth over what really happened.  I want the whole of it. Right from the very beginning.  Don't leave anything out," I said under my breath, with a steely undertone.

She stared back at me for a moment.  Her eyes unflinching as she took me at my word.

" My name is Lisa Matthews.  I am a female.  I was born on...."

My eyes widened in amazed annoyance. She was literally starting at the very beginning.  At her very beginning.

I bit back a groan and flounced back on the mattress ignoring her high pitched scream as she no doubt bounded up into the air in what I hoped was a bloody flip.