PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE
↳ the beginning

PROLOGUE↳ the beginning

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Maia Parker was only fourteen. She was an odd fourteen year old with an even odder seventeen year old brother. What a commination. An english student, moved up several years due to her intelligence and Peter, a seventeen year old, clearly overworked and relying on the coffee that Maia made.

It was chaos.

But she had her books and overanalysed pieces of paper scattered on her walls, which was good enough.

One day, some point in her overworked life, Maia got bitten by a radioactive spider. She didn't question anything until one day she tried opening the door and her hand got stuck.

"Peter?" She called out, almost hesitantly.

Peter, who had been searching for something, came rushing to where she was. "Maia?"

"Would it be crazy if I told you my hand was stuck on the door?" Maia gritted out. She could hear Peter cuss and from that day forth, Maia May Parker had a grudge against Peter Benjamin Parker for cursing her with the powers of a bloody stupid spider. She hated spiders, the irony was just so clear! It didn't take long until Peter's recklessness practically forced the two of them to act in a way in which they could help society. He became Spider-man. He became a hero, but Maia didn't.

She became a menace and she didn't know why.

She did exactly the same thing as Peter, she helped people, but no matter what she was always the masked terroriser. She was labelled a villain and a fear mongered woman, while her older brother was labelled a hero. She was made to hid away while her brother was made to shine.

"It's not fair!" Maia pointed out, exclaiming it one night at Peter who didn't have anything to say. "Society is sucking on your dick yet because I don't have one I'm some stupid menace!"

"It's not gendered!" Peter argued, huffing. "They don't even know you're a girl!"

Maia laughed. "They can tell with my tits! It's pretty obvious."

"Mai, you can't expect them to love you immediately." Peter tried to assure. "You shouldn't expect them to love you when you're mysteriously crawling and swinging around everywhere."

"'Spider-man saves the day again!'" Maia rolled her eyes. "They loved you immediately! Peter, please just acknowledge for once in your life the fact that society will never put you down because of your gender! Because you're a man you're loved and because I'm a woman I'm just a bitch!"

Peter didn't ever respond.

A few months later, Peter got in an argument with Uncle Ben. Maia didn't remember much of it, mainly since she was in her bedroom when she heard all the yelling. Aunt May wasn't yelling much, though Uncle Ben was. It wasn't nice at all. But Maia had to leave her room that day, something told her to. It just felt right.