Author's Note

~*~

My name is Elrond Moon. For those who can't tell, that's my penname. Thanks for buying my first book and for the great support! From being an online writer to a publically-acknowledged publisher is a huge milestone for me. I couldn't have done it without my fans from way back, when I was a struggling teen writer online trying to make his self-made chapter deadlines, and those I made along the way. As I had mentioned before the story, this is based on my life's story- so I ought to thank my ex-mate as well. Almost forgot.

Now, I know what you're thinking: It's that kind of story. It's the tale of an Omega who rose against all odds and showed those who had abandoned him in the past he was more than they had believed- more than they had tried to see him- "for who he truly was". I know what some of you are claiming with those rolled eyeballs: He's using a sob story to get rich- and the most cliché. Anyone who can write can pull this one up- and to think an Omega had the gall to do this- except, I only have 2 things to tell you.

I'm not lying.

And, fuck you.

Pointer #1: This story ends with the publication of said book. There's no "showing those in the past who I truly was". I will forever carry those scars, nightmares, and shadows with me for years to come. As much as closure sounds pleasing to me, never seeing my old pack sounds better. This is my path: to forget and forgive. I'm moving on. Trying. It's something I'll always be doing. It just gets easier with time.

Pointer #2: You just insulted not just me, but all the Omegas out there, especially the males. We're a minority, as you, probably, well know. As a result, we're considered the weight of the pack- the weakest and the most useless. Omegas have the highest conception rates and male Omegas are all in the wrong places. Furthermore, male pairings are seen as a norm in only a few places in the world. These are following packs respectively from the most accepting to the least: Red Maple, Atlantis, Eastern Coventry, and Mural Mountains. I am currently living in Eastern Coventry near the border to the much more conservative Western Coventry.

Joy.

Needless to say, in ranking with the rest of the packs on the Continent, Western Coventry ranks as the second most conservative after the Ancient Grounds Pack to the far west. What remains is a well-known nation I needn't mention. After all, it's the setting for the majority of the book's foremost section.

Pointer #3: Why would I publish this? I haven't changed the names of the packs- just their locations and character names- I could get killed for this. No real writer would do this. They'd hide. Besides, my sob story isn't the first of its kind.

True. I could get killed for it. So why not write anyway? Why not speak out on behalf of all those Omegas who can't? As you're aware, after moving to Eastern Coventry I had my name, past, and associations with the Hidden Moons completely destroyed. Moving along with that point, I readily lost their tail. Why shouldn't I write then? Why shouldn't I live out my life and dream? After everything I went through, what better place to test this new-found idea of being an advocate for Omega rights than a semi-liberal community in a semi-liberal region? Even if I die now, I'll have no regrets. My voice is heard and there are people who wanted to hear me. I have people besides me who want others to hear me.

Others like myself.

Others who care.

And those who don't. Because this book is here right now due to you.

Pointer #4: Why do this? My book will no doubt become heretical and might be banned- or even burned. What makes me think anyone will buy this "piece of junk" written by a "whiny Omega"?

Why not publish? And are you sure no one feels bothered, guilty, or inquisitive about the way of the world? Are you sure no one cares?

Aren't you reading it?