Elly

Ever since I re-took the baby steps towards a life without Kalgan, looking back over the past two years, every encounter and experience was a page in my transformation. Every shoot, audition, meal, and meeting became a precious memory. My time in Red Maple became priceless; the two years a milestone in other means as well. Sitting in my private backstage room, I smiled at the two photos on the mirror: one had two year old Keagan beaming at the camera with a waving hand; the second had Kalgan and Lucy with 2 year old Keagan ogling at the camera.

Smiling, I looked down at the latest photo sent via post. In pale blue clothes, a cute baby slept on a white cushion.

A knock sounded on the door and I looked up to see Grayson peek his raven head in with a bright smile. "All ready?"

I eyed his headset and the walkie-talkie on his belt. "More than you are."

He shut the door behind him before swiftly crossing the room to stand behind me. "Can't help it. Pays rent."

I sighed anyway. "It's the premier night for the movie...and you're still working backstage."

His warm hands firmly rubbed into my shoulders as he looked at our reflection. "I'll be close by like always." He pecked my cheek. "Hm? Is that Kyle?"

I looked back at the picture with him. "Hm," I affirmed. "Isn't he adorable?"

"Very."

After a moment of complimenting his features, I contentedly stuck the photo close to the former two; completing the perfect picture. Now, everything's coming to an end.

"I just got hit," Grayson told me, rising from our close embrace. "It's show time, Elly."

Rising, I smiled at him before stepping forward to kiss him. "Thank you. For everything."

His gaze softened. "I should be thanking you."

The beeping sounds ofcontact via the walkie faded into the background as we held other with simple kissesand intertwined fingers.