Chapter 1

-after the jump-
Hannibal pov

The fall was long, although I didn't even realize it. The full moon's glow was intense, as my vision began to blur. My mind began replaying the words Will had said as I held him in my arms, "it's beautiful."

And it was, if only I could show him more of the life I wanted to give him, and then it dawned on me. I was panicked, and as I slowly began to rise to the surface, I was desperately hoping to find will beneath the water.

Panic?

The emotion was unusual; it wasn't something I'd normally experience, and it made me feel weak. Then I remembered what had triggered the emotion.

it was Will.

I let my self reach the surface, taking a breath, and not thinking twice before starting to yell his name his name, it faded i took a deep breath and returned into the water. Not far away, I saw a shadow of Wills helpless body sinking. I began to swim towards his body, I was in even more panic hoping that Will was alive. I would've prayed to whatever asshole god there was that Will survives, even though it goes against my beliefs.

I can't live without him, even though I can't live with him, I had to try because I couldn't lose him. I won't let myself get out of this and lose Will.

-

I eventually got to him and dragged us out of the water, trying to regain my breath while holding the brunette's cheek to see whether he was still alive.

He wasn't breathing.

However, I could feel his weak heartbeat, and a part of me felt comforted.

I had a second chance.

I made sure I kept a firm hold on him as I swam towards the shore. My body wanted to give up due to my injuries, but I couldn't worry about myself right now since I needed to save Will.

The waves began to rise, and I had to resist them, but as I came closer to the shore, they pushed us even closer towards the shore, until I eventually collapsed on the cold sand, carefully laying Will down.

When I examined for breathing or a pulse, there was no longer a faint pulse, so I started chest compressions, my thoughts racing since I didn't know how to live without Will.

"Will! Please you mustn't leave today; you'll have your time; but, as long as you're with me, I won't let you go."

I felt hopeless, as I continued to perform chest compressions because his body and mine were both drenched in blood. Was it our own blood or the blood of the red dragon?

I had to give him a rescue breath after thirty chest compressions. I plugged his nose and covered his lips with my mouth to evacuate the water from his lungs. I gave him two breaths and continued thirty more chest compressions.

I heard Will gasp for air just halfway through, as he coughed up water while I held him and rubbed his back.

"You're ok Will.. we'll be ok"

Will was having trouble speaking, but he managed to say my name.

"Hannibal"

It wasn't in a confused way, he sounded relived? It made me softly smile. My eyes watered...But, I blinked the tears away.

Will needs me now more than ever, and I can't let him see my vulnerability.

Will clung to me, terrified and confused by what was going on. When I hugged him back, he hissed in pain, and I realized that his shoulder had been shot and his cheek had been stabbed.

"Will, I have to stop your bleeding!"

I tore a part of my shirt in half and tore it in half again, using one on his shoulder and the other on his cheek.

He was tired and passed out again, so I lifted him and began walking away from the waters, hoping to reach a street soon.

And not far away, there was a street that was empty and not a single vehicle passed; it was too late in the night for people to be driving the place was basically abandoned, but being the lucky Hannibal that I am, I saw a car pass and called for assistance.

The vehicle came to a stop. What made this poor old lady think driving in the dark was a smart idea?

"Good evening, Madam, may we borrow your vehicle?"

As I threw her out the door, I commented the lady was so confused that I could've enjoyed it if I hadn't had to help Will, but she'd still make a delicious meal, so I seated Will in the front seat, making sure he was comfortable.

I approached the elderly lady as she attempted to rise and flee; it only took one kick to knock her out, and I placed her into the trunk. Will would most likely be hungry as an outcome of this.

I drove to the nearest safe house I had; fortunately, it wasn't under my name, so I had plenty of time before Jack found us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hi this is my first fanfic I'm excited to show you this I have a lot in mind but this is all for now I might add to this chapter hope you enjoyed I'm planning on giving it a happy ending or not ending it and keeping it open I will try my best because I rarely write and I'm doing this mainly for myself feel free to help me on this because I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm just going with it <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~hi this is my first fanfic I'm excited to show you this I have a lot in mind but this is all for now I might add to this chapter hope you enjoyed I'm planning on giving it a happy ending or not ending it and keeping it open I will t...

Bye