Chapter 3

Will pov <3

I've been sleeping for a while now, and the bed feels so comfortable that I wish I could remain here forever, but that won't happen because I guess I'm now a wanted criminal.

If Jack stops looking for us, Hannibal and I could survive in this house, but I don't think Hannibal would agree to that.

Oh shit... I had forgotten Hannibal had gone to make breakfast, so I should probably get up.

What time is it?

I noticed a clock as I looked around the room.

1:37pm

Can I make it for breakfast? I'm not even sure how long I kept Hannibal waiting.

Why should I feel awful about making Hannibal wait when he's a cannibal? A murderer! Well, I did help him kill.

I can't help but think Hannibal and I are the same person.

I resist the desire to stay in this bed because the mattress absorbed my body and hugged me, the blanket was light yet warm, and the cold pillows were stuffed not too hard but not too soft.

It was perfect.

But it would be impolite. I don't want to abandon Hannibal.

A part of me wanted to just leave.

I quickly skipped through that thought. I sat on the bed's edge and looked down to find a pair of slippers.

Hannibal most likely left them, they looked comfortable and fluffy on the inside.

I put them on and went down the stairs.

My pace was slow. My body felt tired; I don't normally feel this way; I always had my medication to relieve the majority of the pains I despise.

I paused at the last step, taking in the surroundings. The dining table was empty, so I went to the room next to it, the living room, and leaned against the wall, observing Hannibal on the sofa, a cup of tea in one hand and a book in the other.

I think he noticed me but he didn't say anything the man's face was difficult to read sometimes you'd see him smiling but never sad he'd have an emotionless face but again no hint of sadness it makes you wonder if he's ever been in pain or if his feelings have hurt him so much that he doesn't show them anymore.

The only time I've seen him in pain or sorrow was after he pulled me out of the water; it was a hazy memory, but I could tell he was afraid and sad, possibly even heartbroken.

I should stop staring at Hannibal in a creepy way.

"I'm sorry for missing breakfast."

Hannibal stared at me and was going to say something, but I cut him off.

"I felt tired and I fell asleep on accident. I was actually going to help you make breakfast you always cook for me. I should return the favor or something, I honestly don't know how to thank you but why should I thank you? You feed me actual humans, which I've come to terms with, but it's still wrong, and why the hell am I here with you? I'd leave, but I can't because I have nowhere to go, and I don't want Jack to throw me in the loony bin again. I don't want people getting into my head, and I don't think you should end up locked up again. And what about Molly and Willy? I want to go back to them but I know I can't! I shouldn't! For some reason, I feel like staying with you and being on the run is the right choice, but the old me is screaming for me to hand you and myself over to the FBI, but I'm no longer the old me but I don't know who I am now, and honestly, I'd rather find out who I am now than being locked up."