On Top Christmas One Shot

*This is a one shot about the characters from our On Top fic, but you don't need to read the book in order to read this one shot! It will contain spoilers though so beware in case you're planning on reading On Top! We just missed writing them so here we are <3*

Ophelia's POV

"C'mon teddy, one present won't hurt."

Leave it to Harry to guilt trip me along with the kids.

I told him not to bring some of the presents out while the kids were awake, but since when has he ever listened to me? All it took was five-year-old Presley to give her daddy her big puppy dog eyes – the same ones that matched her father – and he was running into our bedroom to grab them out and stick them under the tree.

Sucker.

"But it's Christmas Eve," I pout, standing over my three children and Harry who are all piled onto the couch, "Can't we open our presents tomorrow like everybody else?"

Deep down I know that there's no point in trying to fight a battle with these three. When it comes down to it, it's always them against me and of course, they win every time. I'm also just a softie when it comes to them, I love them too much.

Ty scoots off of the couch to stand in front of me, his arms wrapped around my legs with his chin resting on them. His big brown eyes are so beautiful, but it took Harry and I ages to get him to like them. He was jealous of his sister and wanted "the cool green eyes", he didn't understand that brown eyes are just as beautiful. He grew to accept them when Harry told him that he matches Uncle Zayn, and now Ty suddenly loves that he matches with "daddy's bestest friend."

We've made sure the kids know who Zayn was, and Harry has shown them all the pictures and videos and told them all the stories. Uncle Zayn is a part of this family even though he's not here with us, and the kids know that too. They know how important he was to their dad, which makes him important to them too. They love him.

To them, he's a hero.

"Please mommy," Ty whines, "Just one present! Then we can open all of Santa's gifts tomorrow!"

I look up at Harry, seeing Ariel in his arms dead asleep. I'm surprised she's able to sleep on Harry's chest considering the tinsel and decorations all over it. Niall bought him a Christmas jumper, a red one that has a 3D Christmas tree on it. The kids demanded he wear it tonight despite "how fucking itchy" the thing is.

It's past all the kids' bedtime but it's the holidays, they can have a free pass. All of our schedules have been messed up with work and the holidays but we've made it work, just like we always do.

I know Aidan is keeping Niall and Jenna up as we speak, he's been bouncing off the walls all week excited for Santa to pay him a visit. He's been so obsessed with Santa that Niall even dressed up as him the other day when we were over, and despite all the shit Harry was giving him over it, I know he loved Niall for doing it for the kids.

Parenting has its major ups and downs, especially with two kids who are just full of energy and our youngest who is starting to take after her older siblings. It doesn't help that Harry loves to introduce them to things like boxing which has them off the rails and begging to do it all the time. They might be little but the two of them are going to be just like Harry as they get older.

We try to keep them in touch with everyone around us: Niall, Jenna, Ava, and Janessa, but it can be so hard especially with all of us and our busy lives. Never a day goes by where the kids don't ask about at least one of them and I'm grateful for holidays like this where we all can finally get together.