Lesson Plan Valentine's Day One Shot

Ally's POV

Valentine's Day over the years has been an adjustment with having Vera around, but it's an adjustment I wouldn't ever trade for the entire world.

Granted, that has never changed the fact that it still to this day is one of my favourite holidays. I don't know what it is about Valentine's Day, but I absolutely adore it.

Cupids, hearts, love, and lots and lots of chocolate was something I have always been a sucker for and Harry knows that. He loves showering me with the incessant amounts of love filled goodies and he always has since we were first dating.

It's been 15 years and he still hasn't changed.

This year was no different in terms of the holiday and luckily for us, it fell on a Saturday. Harry, Vera, and I spent the morning making heart-shaped pancakes and creating a mess of our kitchen, her giggles filling up the room as Harry let her messily mix the batter.

She's 5 and still such a daddy's girl.

Ever since she was a baby, Harry's been adamant that she be a part of our Valentine's Day celebrations, at least, for everything prior to us going into our room for the night. At that point, Auntie Raya picks Vera up for a night of fun while Harry and I have our date night.

"Need to c-celebrate loving both o-of my girls," he always says and I mean, how can I say no to that? Simple, you can't.

After a day filled with an excessive amount of heart-shaped food, flowers, and kisses, the three of us lay sprawled on the couch waiting for Raya to pick Vera up, our stomachs full from our milkshakes and fries.

A tradition of ours that still exists today.

If it was up to Vera, Valentine's Day would never come to an end. This is where she's just like me, our shared love for a holiday where we both get spoiled by the one person we love the most in this world.

"Did you h-have fun today, V?" Harry asks her and I watch as she lays on top of him, nuzzled into his chest. From all the chocolate she's consumed, I know full well she'll knock out as soon as Raya takes her home.

"Mhm." Vera hums and I can't help but to smile at them, my heart internally in a puddle at their interaction. Nothing out of the ordinary though, the two of them together are the cutest fucking pair.

I have to take a moment and admire the way he is with her at times. I always knew Harry would be an amazing dad but I see it time and time again every day. There has never been a time where he hasn't given his all and Vera is so lucky to have him.

So am I.

He's definitely also the favoured parent out of the two of us and that's no surprise at all. He can't ever find it in him to tell Vera "no" for anything, but he also doesn't ever have to. Vera's an amazing kid, she's just like her dad. His clone.

One night we were laying in bed when Harry turned over to snuggle into me. He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck and I couldn't help but giggle as his lips tickled my skin. I felt him place a soft kiss there as his arms wrapped around me and pulled me in closer to him.

"I'm so h-happy," he mumbled, and my heart clenched at his words. "This life I'm l-living is perfect. You and V, I l-love you both so much."

When he said that, all I wanted to do was cry.

I couldn't help the tears from flowing down my face because of how proud I was of him at that moment. Not only because of what he said but also because of how much he's changed in the best way possible. I couldn't believe this was my Harry, the same one who I knew back in school.