The First Green Goblin Encounter

The next day I spent the morning with Harry in the boys apartment. And then when I heard sirens in the distance, I kissed him goodbye and left. I saved a robbery by myself and when I was finished I sat on a rooftop swinging my legs back and forth simply enjoying the view. My phone started to ring in my pocket.

"Hello, Peter. How'd it go at the Bugle today?" I asked him as I answered.

"Well, he gave me 300 dollars for the pictures..."

"Wow, Pete that's great!" I said excitedly. But I could hear it in his voice that something was wrong. "You don't sound to thrilled. What happened?" I asked concerned.

"He said the headline was going to be Spider-Man and Spider-Woman: Hero's or Menace's?"

"Menace's? Did you explain that we were protecting that armored truck?" I asked baffled.

"Yep, said he'd make the headlines and I'm just a freelance photographer... But, hey! Better news, you know how you wanted a journalist job? Well, The Bugle is looking for a new article journalist. I heard about it while I was in the office. It'd be perfect for you. I gave them a recommendation for you. It's an easy job, easy to do while we are busy being hero's." He laughed.

"What?! Peter, seriously, that's amazing! Oh, my god. I'll get down there right away!" I squealed jumping to my feet. "If you were here I could kiss you! You've just made me so happy!" I laughed and then realized what I said. "Oh, uh..."

"Really?" Peter chuckled behind me in his suit, with his phone to his masked ear. He clicked it shut and walked over towards me.

"No!" I said too loudly. "No. It's a figure of speech." I scoffed and cleared my throat. "You take this patrol and I'll head down to the Bugle... Uhm, please..." I said nervously taking a step back not realizing how close to the edge I had gotten. Peter grabbed my hand and pulled me towards his chest so I wouldn't fall off of the building.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly. His head tilted slightly.

"Oh, me? Yeah, I'm good. I'm great. I, uhm, do you mind?" I gestured toward's the Daily Bugle building that wasn't to far from where we were.

"Not at all, go get 'em tiger." He laughed and let go of me.

I laughed and stepped away from him, turning and swinging my way down the street. I changed quickly and ran inside the Daily Bugle. They hired me after reading my resume and I got the job as a journalist. The nice part about it, was it was almost like a freelance job. I wasn't going to be stuck at a cubicle, I could write whenever and wherever as long as I handed in something for deadlines. Mandatory meetings twice a week. It was so perfect, I could have cried.  

About a week later, Harry invited me to attend the Unity Day festival with him. I agree, of course. Though, Peter ended up  inviting me to go with him the very next day since he was required to take some pictures.

"Hey, so I was thinking. Maybe, do you want to go to the festival together?" Peter asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry Peter. Harry already asked me. It's a big company event for Oscorp, and I was hoping to write an article after talking to the executives for the company..." I told him quietly.

"Oh, it's no big deal. I get it. That's fine. Really. It's great." He spoke and just kept nodding his head. I knew he was upset.

"Pete..." I said softly and tried reaching out for him. He shrank away and walked away from me, upstairs to his bedroom. I sighed and sat down on the couch putting my head in my hands. Harry walked through their apartment door and saw me there.