Cedric- Mine

This imagine is based off Taylor Swifts song 'mine' bc i will love Taylor swift until the day I die.

     I twist Cedric's rings on his fingers, staring off deep in thought

     I twist Cedric's rings on his fingers, staring off deep in thought. He squeezes my shoulder closer to him. I absentmindedly lay my head on his shoulder and smile.

     I remember when I fist met him I was pretty much done with love and dating. I got out of a really toxic relationship and i was so sure I would never find any who was good to me. And then I met Cedric and he pried his way into my life.

     "Can you believe it?" I ask him quietly, watching what's happening on the tv but not really paying attention.

     "What?" He hums just as quietly. He softly lays his head on mine and lets out a yawn.

     "My view on love has changed so much because of you." I admit to him. I feel him freeze up a bit. I lift my head to look at him and see a deep blush on his face.

    I get deja vu back to our first date where something very similar happened. That was the first moment I realized maybe love wasn't so bad after all.

-flashback-

     "I didn't know if you liked the beach, so I just kinda hoped." Cedric says, glancing away from me and out to the water of the lake.

     I run a hand through my hair. It got kind of messed up from the wind but Cedric hasn't said anything about it. "I love the beach." I tell him, looking away from the water and to him.

     Our eyes meet at the same time and he smiles softly. I feel my heart jump and leap and do a little dance. I gulp loudly and look back to the water.

     "Me too, it reminds me of my childhood. Me and my dad would go to the beach all the time. We would have sand castle making competitions." He says, making me look at him again. He's staring at the ground, tracing a smiley face with his finger in the sand.

     My heart does it's little dance again at the fact that he brought me to a place close to his childhood. I scoot closer to him slowly and trace my own smiley face next to his. He smiles at the two faces in the sand.

     Then he wraps his arm around my shoulder and I almost burst. The amount of butterflies I got from something so simple is crazy. I look up at him and see him blushing deeply, and I know he feels the same.

     Maybe love isn't so bad, if it's with him anyway.

     Do you remember we were sitting there by the water, you put your arm around me for the first time?

-time skip-

     "Come to bed?" Cedric asks me, holding his arms wide out. I nod and grab some spandex from the small drawer in his dresser that has all my things in it. I spend most of my time in his dorm so Cedric just started putting all my stuff in a drawer.