Prologue

Dwapar Yug

"Do you even know what you are talking about and how is that even possible?" Dau asked hearing what Krishna was thinking about.

"I know Dau that you are worried about it but change is inevitable and the same things can not keep on happening time and again. It's law of nature and things have to change this time." Krishna said looking at his Dau with divinity and calmness showing on his face, his usual mischievous tone  gone and replaced with a more serious one.

"But what about the consequences Kanha, there is no action without a consequence and you know that very well. Have you thought anything about it." Dau asked looking tensed. "That is something even I am not sure about Dau." While saying this Krishna was in deep thought. "How is that possible that YOU are not sure about something Kanha. That is impossible." Dau said shocked. "Consequence is something that depends on one's actions Dau and there are many ways to accomplish something Dau, some right and some wrong, so a consequence is not a definite result but a lot of possible results. So even I am unable to know a definite consequence." Krishna said looking at Balram. "Okay fine, then atleast tell me how you plan on executing this mission of yours." Dau asked curiously.

"Kaise nhi Dau puchiye Kon?" Krishna said with mischievous smile, his usual playful tone returning.

(Not how Dau ask Who?)

"Okay then tell me who is going to do this?" Dau asked and at the same moment a dasi (maid) came and said that Rajkumari Subhadra with Rajkumari Abhaya has returned from her kanyavas. "Let's leave that question for later Dau. Right now my beloved sister has returned with my sakhi, let me go and welcome them first." Krishna said with his signature smile and then left. Looking at Krishna going to welcome their sister and friend Dau shook his head with a smile and went after him to welcome them with him.

********

Kalyug

I am standing in a big room and is surrounded by a lot of people. The room is very big and beautifully decorated. It has a lot of seats placed at different heights. It looks like a throne room or a royal chamber of some kind. The surroundings look beautiful but also tense. There is someone speaking in a very harsh and painful tone, but the words were not understandable. As soon as the person stops speaking I feel a lot of pain and anguish as if  I am being torn apart or something dearest to me is being taken from me and then there was dead silence and everything went black.

I woke up sweating. I have seen that dream again. I have been having the same dream since I turned 17. Since then almost everyday I wake up to the same dream. Looking at the clock it's already 5:15 am and I since won't be getting anymore sleep, I decide to freshen up and go to the only place that makes me calm.

It's been a long time since I came here. Looking at sunrise while sitting on the steps of the ghat of Kashi(Varanasi) gives me a sense of calmness. This is the only place that gives me peace. Whenever I see that dream I feel like I have a connection to it as if it was me who was going through that pain and it has been the same since the very first time. Every time the same dream and same pain. I was brought out of my thoughts by the ringing of my phone.

*Ring*Ring*Ring

"Hello. Where are you Ruhi? Its past 8:30 am and Maa (Mom) is looking for you. She is worried that you have gone missing." Pankhuri asked a bit tensed.

"Bhabhi (sister-in-law) calm down. I am at the ghat and sorry I lost the track of time. Don't worry I'll be home in 15 minutes." I told bhabhi and ended the call.

As I got up and turned to go, I slipped as there was water on the stairs. I closed my eyes waiting for my body to hit the ground and for the pain to come, but it never came. Then I felt sudden warmth rushing through my waist and shoulder but was too scared to open my eyes. Then I realized that someone was holding me very tightly to keep me from slipping again and was holding me from my shoulder and waist.

"Are you okay?" my savior asked in a deep voice.

Not being able to say anything I just nodded my head in a 'yes'.

"Don't worry you are safe now, you can open your eyes." he said in the same voice reassuring me that everything was all right, while helping me to stand steady.

Then my phone rang and I opened my eyes to see who was calling and when I lifted my eyes to see my savior, he was already gone. I felt like he was only there to save me and vanished after doing his job. The constant ringing of my phone brought me out of my train of thoughts, reminding me that it was time to head home and I left for home but his thoughts never left my mind.

*******

Please vote and comment.