Chapter 6: Halloween Havoc

Pandora hummed contently to herself, silky blonde curls falling into her face as she leant over the sink

Pandora hummed contently to herself, silky blonde curls falling into her face as she leant over the sink. Her barefeet rocking in a graceful sway, hands bursing themself the muggle way as she cleaned the piling dishes. A grin carving on her face as Xeno placed a tender kiss on her cheek as he passed by.

The peace between the two adults abrupted by the sudden stomps of their eldest. The eight yearold dashing through the home, darting up the spiral stairs. Her dark strands shielding her bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks.

Pandora stopped Xeno from following after Ascella, gently grabbing his bicep to halt his motions. "You check on Luna, I got her" the blonde mumbled, her husband agreeing as he walked off outside already calling out Luna's name.

The women wiped her hands with a dish towel, tossing the item carelessly on a counter before heading up the stairs. The echoes of items clashing into walls filling the hall, the angry shouts of Ascella muffled by her closed door.

"Darling" Pandora called out soothingly, voice silky and smooth. Ascella instantly halting her actions, fit of anger simmering behind the closed door. The mother opening the door slowly, seeing her nine yearold sat in front of her vanity, the glass cracking from an invisible force.

"S-sorry" the child croaked out, hands balled in fists, rubbing at her reddened eyes.

"Was it that muggle boy again?" Pandora asked gently, warily glancing at cracking mirror as she approached her daughter.

"Why am I so different?" Her voice cracked, a hiccup following making her small frame jolt. "I'm nothing like you or father or Luna"

Pandora only smiled softly, taking her daughters face into her palms. Her thumps softly wiping at her cheeks, her blue silver eyes filled to the brim with affection.

"Your cheeks are mine" Pandora pinched them lightly. "Your smile is mine" her index lightly tapping her daughters mouth. "Your wits are your fathers" she then tapped Ascella's head fondly. "Your compassion is your fathers" she then prassed her palm to the girls chest, feeling her heartbeat. "You are every inch our daughter" Pandora then pressed a soothing kiss to the top of Ascella's temple.

The eight yeaorld then buried herself into her mothers arms. Clinging tightly to the woman, not noticing the sadden gleam glossing over her eyes. A frown twitching at Pandoras pink lips.

------

The cool air fanned her skin, tinting her pale flesh a light pink as the breeze picked up. Her muggle jacket zipped up just beneath her collarbone, the bright red fabric contrasting with her straightened dark hair. The Shreiking Shack barred off with a flimsy fence, her dark eyes scoping the shambled old house with interest.