Chapter 15: Bottoms up

Ink dotted her hands, parchment scribbled with loopy partially cursive handwriting. Her hair tied up, a stubborn strand slipping free, breaking her focus. Her teeth captured her bottom lip as she refrained from outwardly groaning with frustration.

"May I sit here?" The girl looking up with surprise, not processing her surroundings fully. Viktor Krum hovered above her, a nervous glint in his usually stoic eyes.

Ascella relaxed, tense shoulders slumping in a downward arch. "Shall I be expecting Randolv as well?" Her lips curled in a small grin.

Viktor laughed, taking the seat across from her, "He despises the library," he set one book out, not even bothered to open it. He rested his chin on his palm and turned his face toward the other end of the library.

Ascella followed his stare, seeing Hermione Granger at one of the long tables. Unruly curls tucked behind her ears, hunched over a large book, her cheeks reddening as if sensing the stares. "I'm not one for giving advice on these matters, but you should maybe try speaking to her," the dark brunette turned her attention back to her half written assignment.

"No different when you stare at that redhead," she almost didn't understand him. His voice was lower in more of a whisper, accent thick and words laced with heavy 'v' sounds. But when she did, her neck and face blotched a similar red to Hermiones.

"I don't stare," she glared at him, yet he paid it no mind. "He's obnoxious. Loud. Arrogant-"

"Then why do you sneak off with him?" He finally turned his gaze back to Ascella, a knowing smirk on his wide face.

The slytherin girl scoffed with disbelief, "I do not. Don't listen to Randolv, " trying desperately to keep her tone at a whisper like level. "I'm gonna strangle that buffoon the second I set my sights on him," she grumbled to herself, scribbling words down aggressively on her parchment.

Suddenly, a paper plane swirled through the air at high speeds. Till it smacked Ascella in the back of head, the girl wincing and scowling at the sharp fleeting pain. The paper then scuttled off the ground, levitating back up until it hovered annoyingly close to her face.

Ascella huffed, taking the paper plane with a harsh swipe and grab. Unfolding the charmed object, sloppy cricked writing revealed. "Redhead sends you love note?" Viktor asked innocently, trying to peer over at the paper.

"No, its-" Abruptly, the paper spit out flakes of torn parchment directly into their faces. White paper tangled into her hair and clung to her sweater. Viktor managed to come out scotch clean with the exception of one single piece on his shoulder.

A silence passed. Until Viktor let out a laugh, an odd sight from the bulky Bulgarian. "Quiet!" Madame Prince scolded from a corner of the library.

A small smothered giggle sounded afterward, the pair looking over to see Hermione shyly glancing at Krum. Ascella would have been amused if it weren't for her trying to wipe off the paper flakes all over her sweater and hair. "I must be off," she hastily stood up, flicking her wand in a quick wave, all her belongings arranging into her satchel.

"You were right. It is not sneaking," Viktor then slyly grinned, "You are obvious,"

Ascella menacingly glared at the boy, swinging the strap of her satchel over her shoulder. "And you are obvious about your crush on Hermione Granger," she retorted, waving her wand once more over herself, scowling even deeper when the enchanted paper didn't come off.

Huffing as she marched down the aisle, ignoring Hermiones stare.

---

"It worked!" George grinned at the sight of Ascella, referring the pieces of paper still clinging all over her.