♡vi. Wisdom Cries

"are we meant to go down again? we go down"* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

we go down"
* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Reader POV
Finally after defeating Waterblight Ganon,
and taking back Ruta, we said our goodbyes to the Zora, and continued our journey. We decided on traveling to a shrine, to shorten our trip to our next mission. Keh Namut shrine was the closest to the direction we needed to head, so we traveled there. Upon arriving, immediately i'm hit with a difference in temperature.
"dear Hylia- fuck!" I jump closer to Link, shivering and bundling myself up into him.
"wow, you really missed me while I was appeasing Ruta, didn't you?" Link teases, putting his arm around my shoulders.
"It's fucking freezing up here! let's move already!" I whine.
"where to?" I ask, after not receiving a response.
"we have to paraglide down there. see? where that new shrine is" He points down off the cliff, and I see an orange light in the distance below. With chattering teeth, I exhale an 'okay' as he pulls out his paraglider.
Shakily, I grab on behind him as we take off from the cliff. As we got closer to the ground, we noticed the shrine was too far to reach in one trip, leaving us to land way before the trail. This wouldn't be a problem normally, but unfortunately for us, we landed right next to a bokoblin camp.
"oh, shit" Link quietly put away his paraglider, pulling out his new weapon after, which was a trident gifted to him by the King of Zoras Domain.
"what do I do?" I ask, going to pull out my weapon after noticing a bokoblin had turned his head towards us.
"I got these guys, stay back" Link says, as the bokoblin who eyed us blew his horn, alerting the rest of the camp.
"bastard..."
Link approached the first one, a red bokoblin, pulling back his trident and whipping it horizontally, smacking the bokoblin in its head hard enough to kill it. The bokoblins didn't even notice me, as they were too focused on attacking Link.
And I was very focused on him as well, funny enough.
I felt something.
Something odd, I just couldn't define at the moment, and my chest felt all tight. But this was not in a nervous way, no, it was more like from the queasy feeling the butterflies gave my stomach as it radiated up to my chest, watching him fight his enemies. My face felt hot, and I wasn't sure if it was the immediate temperature change once again, from extreme cold, to pulsating heat, or something else.
I was too caught up in my own head, questioning, I didn't notice Link had already beaten the camp, collecting their materials, and heading over to me.
"are you okay?" He asks me, closing up his little bag strapped to his belt.
"yes, i'm okay, it's just very hot. these temperature changes aren't going to be a regular thing, are they?" I ask, wiping my forehead with a chuckle.
"can't promise anything, love" Link responds nonchalantly, not aware of my overthinking as he called me "love".
"oh, god, don't call me that..." I respond quietly without thinking, looking away and placing my hands on my hips.
I instantly regret my words as I notice Links expression drop.
"huh-what? why? i'm sorry" Link gets all jittery, worried he might've upset me.
"you don't like it?" He asks, embarrassed, bending over slightly to face me. I look at him, and my cheeks warm up.
"yes- i mean no, i do-maybe" I stutter over my myself, as it's words versus thoughts, but I push it all away and forget it.
I didn't want to confuse him more.
"where to now? let's keep moving" I suggest, and this seems to bother Link slightly as I ignore the previous situation. But if I know him by now, he wasn't going to pry.
And he didn't.
He just pulled out his map to see our next move.
"we continue down this trail. i'll go and mark the shrine for now, so I can complete it at a later time" Link explains his plan, and puts away his slate with a smile.
"okay, sounds good" I say, following his lead as he starts walking.
And this was a lot of walking.
While also trying not to be crushed by falling boulders...
But we finally made it to some point of civilization, a stable.
Gerudo Canyon Stable.
As we walked closer, I noticed a familiar figure, and this traveler had an extremely well known walk in particular.
I gasp as I realize who it is, practically startling Link.
"wha-?!"
"Beedle!" I exclaim, running off to catch him approaching.
"Beedle!" I yell louder, growing closer to the male.
He perks his head, and squints his eyes before they light up, noticing me.
"y/n!" He yells back, moving as quick as he could with his humungous backpack.
As I grew close enough, I wrap my arms around him with no hesitation, as he returns the gesture.
"y/n, how have you been?! how-? why-? when did you leave? you're traveling?" He frantically asked questions, as I also noticed Link finally catching up to me.
"not you leaving me..." Link grumbles jokingly, crossing his arms.
"you could at least introduce me though" He adds on, and I roll my eyes.
"Beedle, I have so much to tell you!" I say, grabbing his hand and bringing him over to sit. I turn around and grab Links hand too, bringing him to follow with us as I squeeze his hand tight, reassuring him.
We all sit on the ground as Beedle found a place for his setup, and I then gesture over to Link.
"Beedle, this is Link. Link, this is Beedle" They both stare at each other awkwardly, and nod.
"Beedle and I have been close for a very long time back at home" I say, introducing the two.
After a slightly skeptical introduction of each other, long explanations of what Link and I have experienced so far, and how I started traveling in the first place...Link and I finally decided it was time to get some rest and continue our mission.