🌸Innocence of Chickhood🌸

My earliest memories were those of simple beauty.

They were the memories of beauty that I could talk about without tears, for when we are young we know only bliss and curiosity, and we must only worry how our mother sees us- the simple question of making sure she only sees us when we're not busy getting into all sorts of trouble.

I was a breezy chick.

I remember running off into the meadow and coming back to chirp away about the flowers and the clouds and the birds until tired ears wished I'd never returned.

I was always curious back when I thought I wanted to know everything, and that every new lesson learned would be something I'd be delighted to learn.

Throughout my childhood my personality always seemed as a mix of quiet and bubbly.

I didn't give it much thought, though, since an inner personality comes in almost as naturally as one's feathers even though I'd learn it's not as consistently permanent.

I was just me.

I was yet unnamed, I couldn't picture myself, and I hadn't lived near long enough to discover any of the secrets within me.

The only thing I knew was that I was me. And back then that was sufficient, but now...

Now that tiny piece of information was a fading memory in the thickening mist of new struggles to be faced.