19 || messy

Oh boy, it's you that I lie withAs the atom bomb locks inOh boy, it's you I watch TV withAs the world, as the world caves in-As The World Caves In, Matt Maltese

As the atom bomb locks in
Oh boy, it's you I watch TV with
As the world, as the world caves in
-As The World Caves In, Matt Maltese

Oh boy, it's you that I lie withAs the atom bomb locks inOh boy, it's you I watch TV withAs the world, as the world caves in-As The World Caves In, Matt Maltese

February 2nd, 2013
HYDRA Base, Washington D.C

As the lights flick on, my eyes snap open and I sit up, straight as a board, thoughts of what the day must entail immediately coming to me. There's a clanking of metal from the washing area and I turn to see the soldier splashing water on his face.

Glancing back, he meets my eyes and offers a small smile, "Morning."

I raise an eyebrow, "Morning?"

He looks at me oddly, "Good morning?" he tries.

"No, just... You're not a 'Good morning' kind of guy." I say, gazing at him in curiosity.

He just hums and doesn't offer a response, as he leaves his place by the basin and walks to the corner where his uniform is stowed. Slowly, I get up and wander over to the basin and, just as the soldier had done, splash water on my face.

Once I've finished in the washing area, I make my way to the clean uniform I've been left and begin to change out of my old one, as the soldier sits on the cot and pulls on his boots, watching my every movement as he does.

"Can you make me a promise?" I ask, cutting through the silence that has engulfed the small room.

"Depends."

"Today, if things get too personal... if I hesitate in any way or... Promise me you'll do the job for me. Promise me you'll kill her no matter how much I beg you not to."

He pauses fastening his boots and looks at me, his face entirely serious, "Of course, I will."

"Okay." I nod and pull my leotard up over my arms, "Okay." I meet his eyes, "And... And... I don't know... if I try to stop you or... if I get in your way... promise me you'll treat me like you would anyone else who did?"

"J..." he says, sounding slightly pained.

"Promise."

"I can't."