22 || with the wind

Here's to the ones that we gotCheers to the wish you were here, but you're not'Cause the drinks bring back all the memoriesOf everything we've been through-Memories, Maroon 5

Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not
'Cause the drinks bring back all the memories
Of everything we've been through
-Memories, Maroon 5

Here's to the ones that we gotCheers to the wish you were here, but you're not'Cause the drinks bring back all the memoriesOf everything we've been through-Memories, Maroon 5

February 3rd, 2013
Undisclosed Location

With Captain America and Aurelia Stark at my side, I walk into a dimly lit room to see a rather frail-looking Nick Fury sitting at the table. He eyes me distastefully for a moment before looking to Aurelia and smirking, "Stark."

"Am I hallucinating... You died. I saw you get shot. I saw the doctors declare you dead." she stammers, looking to everyone else in the room for confirmation.

"I already explained that to these guys, don't make me do the same with you. We have more important things to discuss." he rolls his eyes slightly.

"Still down to business as ever, Fury, I see." she slumps down in one of the chairs at the table.

He glances at me suspiciously, "You sure we can trust her?"

"She wouldn't be here if I wasn't." Aurelia confidently declares.

"I'm sorry for, you know... tryng to kill you," I say quietly before internally grimacing.

"If you can help us out here, it never happened," he tells me, meeting my eye and nodding his head in a barely noticeable action.

"Who'd have thought?" Aurelia sighs, gazing at the photo of Pierce.

Fury picks it up and shakes his head, "This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said, peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility. he drops the picture down on the table, "See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues."

"We have to stop the launch.", Natalia announces.

"Yeah, that would be a good thing to start with." Aurelia scoffs.

"I don't think the Council's accepting my calls anymore." Fury opens a case, revealing three chips.

"What's that?" the man with wings asks.