Chapter One

Star stumbled back a bit and grabbed onto the bathroom counter, breathing heavily.

She was pregnant.

She tried to stay calm, tried not to panic, but she was really failing.

All sorts of fear ran through her mind.

What if something went wrong?

What if she miscarried?

What if the baby was born with a birth defect?

Then the scariest thought out of all of them came into her head.

What if Marco didn't want it?

Star began to give this question a lot of thought. Since Marco was and always will be the 'Safe Kid', she really doubted he'd be okay with having a baby when they hadn't even been married for a month. Also, she wasn't sure if they were financially ready to have one.

After Star thought all these aspects through, the conclusion was clear.

He wouldn't want it.

Since he wouldn't want it, there was no way Star was going to tell him.

The blonde slowly slid to the floor and hugged her knees to her chest, starting to cry.

~~~~

When Star heard the front door open, she immediately shot up.

Marco was home.

She looked in the bathroom mirror and splashed some water on her face, trying to cover up her puffy eyes.

She had been crying for almost an hour.

"Star?" She heard Marco call for her.

Star slowly made her way to the kitchen, where Marco was.

Her husband was leaned up against the counter, drinking a bottle of water. He had on black athletic pants and a grey t-shirt. His entire body was covered in sweat.

"Long day at the dojo?" Star asked as she walked up to him.

Marco took a deep breath while pushing some sweaty hair off his forehead. "Yeah."

"You need to take a shower."

"I've noticed."

Marco noticed Star's still puffy eyes. Concern then filled his. "Have you been crying?"

Star paled a bit and brought her hand to her face. "N-no..."

Marco took a step towards her and grabbed her by her shoulders.

"Star," He began slowly, "What happened?"

Star forced a smile onto her face.

"I'm fine," She said, "Promise."

Marco took a long look at her before sighing in defeat and heading to take a shower.

"Love you!" Star shouted as he left the room.

"Love you, too!" He shouted back.

Star smiled at his retreating form.

And then totally freaked out.

The pregnancy test was still in the bathroom, where Marco was heading.

Star sprinted to the bathroom and threw herself in front of the door before Marco could open it.

"WAIT!" She screamed.

Marco held a slightly horrified look on his face and stopped in his tracks.

"Star, what is it?" He asked.

Star then paused for a minute, trying to think of a good lie.

"I, um, left a bloody tampon in there," She said.

Marco's eyes widened slightly as he stepped back, allowing Star to enter the bathroom to throw out her 'tampon'.

Instead, the princess of Mewni grabbed the pregnancy test and stuffed it down the back of her shirt, hiding it.

"It's gone," She said cheerily as she walked back into the hallway.

"Thanks," Marco responded awkwardly as he walked into the bathroom.

Star waited until she heard the water running to go and hide the test. She ran into her and Marco's bedroom and opened her underwear drawer. Star stuffed the test under a bunch of her bras, where Marco would never dare look.

The woman sighed in relief and collapsed onto the bed, looking at her stomach.

"What am I going to do?" She asked herself quietly.