chapter three: love at first sight

Akane sat on the floor of Dojima's apartment, looking around boredly. She didn't bring much with her from Takayama, as she didn't have much, to begin with. Not to mention she didn't want to touch any of Dojima's stuff, after all, he looked like he could shove her across the Earth.

She couldn't call him, as he mentioned he had work to do. She didn't want to bother anyone at home, either. Akane didn't even have friends, so it wasn't that surprising. 

In Takayama, at her high school, everyone seemed to be intimidated by Akane. She was popular, nevertheless, for her looks and reputation. Everyone knew who she was, and her position at Miyata. However, many didn't like her personality, which was one of the other reasons she didn't have friends, at all.

Independent, stubborn, careless, apathetic, calculating, and passive. 

Those were just a few of her personality traits, but they were enough for the kids in her school. 
She was at the top of many's hate list, as many found her despicable and often attempted to bully her. It never worked, Akane was always able to stop it and counter it with her own. That, most likely, made them hate her more.

So, Akane didn't expect much at Totsuki. That was if she would even be staying, of course.

Footsteps were heard outside of Dojima's door, along with a male voice muttering words. Not long after came a few swift knocks. 

Akane stood up, walking over to the door. 

"Oi, open up, Gin!" called an irritated voice. 

Akane pulled open the door, coming face-to-face with a salmon-haired male. He had glasses, and stared down at her in confusion, before turning to slight annoyance. 

"He's into teenagers?" he said aloud, frowning in disgust. He pushed past her. "Oi, Gin! Get over here, I need you to sign this!"

"Dojima-san isn't here," Akane said plainly. 

The man turned to look at her, squinting down. "Where is he, then?" 

"He said he had to work."

His frown deepened, as he let out a sigh. "Then, who are you, and what are you doing in his room?"

"Okazaki Akane," she said. "Dojima-san brought me from Takayama to take the entrance exam for Totsuki Academy." 

"What, did you not make it?" he replied, mockingly.

"No," she replied plainly. Akane didn't understand what this man wanted from her, besides bothering her...peaceful night.

He blinked. "Whatever," he said, before starting to exit. "Tell Gin that I came by." 

The salmon-haired man slammed the door shut, leaving Akane alone in the spacious apartment. She locked the door, letting out a sigh as she sat back on the floor. 

"Stupid Dojima."

''''

"Okazaki Akane, who was personally recruited by Totsuki's very own head chef, Gin Dojima!"